Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What do you like most about our wonderful Tory Government?

In statistics, the technical term would, I think, be specious correlation. But more simply put, that doesn't necessarily add up. It is an easy assumption to make, but is not necessarily true.

There have been a number of academic papers which have shown (mostly in the US I think) that reducing out-of-work benefits increases employment rates (i.e. decreases unemployment rates). It's pretty obvious, when you think about it - people no longer receive liveable benefits so are forced to take whatever job (and wage rate) is on offer. Of course the end does not necessarily justify the means, and I in no way support the reduction in either in-work or out-of-work benefits, but that's what the evidence is.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Ah yes one of those people who claim to have no political bias but often have a go at Labour and never have a go at the Tories.
Really, had you done a bit of research or perhaps taken note you might have realised that I have never voted Tory. I would be horrified to see Labour get back in so concentrate on them, seeing as all the threads are based on slating each party.
Ah yes one of those people who claim to have no political bias but often have a go at Labour and never have a go at the Tories.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
All of mine is with the ex-wife.
When did you split up with her El Pres? It saddens me to see it eat at you so regularly, and I hope you'll be able to move on soon.

(I'm not trying to take the piss)

Last edited:

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I like the fact that benefits have been cut & working family tax credits will be stopped. Oh & the personal allowance has gone up to compensate

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
When did you split up with her El Pres? It saddens me to see it eat at you so regularly, and I hope you'll be able to move on soon.

(I'm not trying to take the piss)

It genuinely doesn't bother me. I didn't use a solicitor, just gave her the lot and I wish her happiness, health and contentment. A few people wiser than me, such as [MENTION=118]Hiney[/MENTION] [MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION] and [MENTION=46]Lush[/MENTION] told me I was being a plum and in retrospect they were probably right.

On the PLUS side, last Friday, after 1,537 days, I saw my daughter and spoke to her for the first time since she was 16. No idea when I'll see her again but it's a step forwards after a long time of darkness.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It genuinely doesn't bother me.
Good. You do mention it a bit :)

On the PLUS side, last Friday, after 1,537 days, I saw my daughter and spoke to her for the first time since she was 16.
Excellent.
No idea when I'll see her again but it's a step forwards after a long time of darkness.
Ah.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here