Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheese boards

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Double Gloucester has been on my biscuit these last few weeks.

Might not be available down south, but if you like flavoursome cheese that is not overpoweringly strong, do try some Shropshire Blue - mighty tasty is that. Its a good compromise for Stilton haters as a Korma might be for a Vindaloo.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I ate something, I'll let everyone know I ate it because of what it was.

Nak cheese. A beautiful tangy, sharp and musty hard cheese produced in the Nepalese Himalayas. Not only have I 'ate' it but I will be eating it in a few months on another 4 week trek in the mountains. Get milking those Naks.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Nak cheese. A beautiful tangy, sharp and musty hard cheese produced in the Nepalese Himalayas. Not only have I 'ate' it but I will be eating it in a few months on another 4 week trek in the mountains. Get milking those Naks.

Thanks for that
:)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Mrs.Wunt be druv came back with a cheese I think was called Sussex Cruncher,it is a Cheddar type hard cheese nice strong taste and has tiny little crystals in it that just give a little crunch when you eat it.Delicious.

Sussex Charmer I think. Or Cornish Cruncher. You can get both in farm shops & garden centres round these 'ere parts.

Both tasty :thumbsup:

Edit: from your description, it's definitely the Cornish Cruncher. They sell it in M&S and as you say, it has little crispy bits in it.

<drools>

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Going to have to try some mentioned.

For English cheeses its got be aged mature farmhouse varieties, chedder red leicester or Double Glouster.

As for Blue Cheeses then either, Danish, Stilton or Yorkshire blue fit the bill.

I go for stronger varieties but if Im going for milder variates then Port Salud, Harlech or brie.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Lancashire bomb is nice.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Casu marzu. An Italian cheese that is eaten with live maggots in it. Check it out. Gorgeous.

Not sure I fancy that to be fair?

Plenty more tips I shall be sampling though

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just demolished a cheese board and selection of crackers, along with a big glass of pinot noir. Fabulous, including some grapes and thinly sliced figs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here