Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colin Kazim-Richards will appear in court today

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Someone is stabbed at a football match, 24,999 weren't - where does democracy come into it when deciding whether to prosecute - totally spurious argument!

495 didn't laugh at, or abuse the perpetrator (sp) of the stabbing.. They also believe the prosecution would be in the public interest.

Yours, is the totally spurious argument.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
495 didn't laugh at, or abuse the perpetrator (sp) of the stabbing.. They also believe the prosecution would be in the public interest.

Where has the fans abusing him come from? Was he being abused at the Amex?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Why then haven't the FA done anything?

No idea, just seems like a huge waste of money and public resource to be dealing with this stuff when those stuffy suits at Lancaster Gate, or wherever they are now, could handle it.

In the big scheme of criminal prosecutions this does strike he as something equivalent to riding a bike with no lights on

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne

I was there, didn't see the gesture, didn't abuse CKR and I believe it's in the public interest. Assuming I'm not alone, how many people does it need before it's worth it in your eyes ?
FWIW, prosecutions for stuff like this happen every day, I dealt with one last week, a section 4 public order prosecution, bloke and his girlfriend arguing in public. Most of us would probably ignore it ("it's just banter") and think they were just scumbags; two separate people were concerned enough to call the police, who decided an arrest was in order and the CPS decided to prosecute.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I was there, didn't see the gesture, didn't abuse CKR and I believe it's in the public interest. Assuming I'm not alone, how many people does it need before it's worth it in your eyes ?
FWIW, prosecutions for stuff like this happen every day, I dealt with one last week, a section 4 public order prosecution, bloke and his girlfriend arguing in public. Most of us would probably ignore it ("it's just banter") and think they were just scumbags; two separate people were concerned enough to call the police, who decided an arrest was in order and the CPS decided to prosecute.

C'mon, common sense should prevail?

My figures were hypothetical, but if they were anywhere near accurate, then surely the answer is blindingly obvious.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Did the police arrest both parties?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Did the police arrest both parties?

I believe so, although I only dealt with the feller. After all the facts were revealed he got a discharge and no order for costs.

I should make it clear that I don't think they were "scumbags", but it's what a lot of people would think, given the behaviour.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I believe so, although I only dealt with the feller. After all the facts were revealed he got a discharge and no order for costs.

I should make it clear that I don't think they were "scumbags", but it's what a lot of people would think, given the behaviour.

Fair enough. I have no idea if they are scumbags either.

So if two parties are both abusing each other the police might arrest both, that does seem equitable.....

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Fair enough. I have no idea if they are scumbags either.

So if two parties are both abusing each other the police might arrest both, that does seem equitable.....

And perhaps get a discharge, and no order for costs?

Seems far too sensible, especially for football.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham

Got a discharge....think he should've gone to his GP instead of court....hope he sues his girlfriend for giving him the pox

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Can you explain why please because I don't get it. Equally can you explain why that Leeds player didn't go to court for the gestures he made. Personally I was just happy to see him sent off, never occurred to me for a minute that he would be in trouble with the police.

Same with CKR, would have liked the FA to do something, but a three day court appearance, where in all liklihood he will get fined and told not to do it again. Ridiculous waste of money.

You are on the wrong site. This makes perfect sense :)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
No idea, just seems like a huge waste of money and public resource to be dealing with this stuff when those stuffy suits at Lancaster Gate, or wherever they are now, could handle it.

In the big scheme of criminal prosecutions this does strike he as something equivalent to riding a bike with no lights on

Hmm..I'm not sure i quite draw the same parallel...but i do get concerned when outside bodies get involved..but then if football doesn't get its own house in order?...Against that the 'gay' issue now seems to be the issue currently in fashion ..why now and not before?

PS hows business?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Hmm..I'm not sure i quite draw the same parallel...but i do get concerned when outside bodies get involved..but then if football doesn't get its own house in order?...Against that the 'gay' issue now seems to be the issue currently in fashion ..why now and not before?

PS hows business?

I think that's my point, football is a multi gazillion £ industry and should be able to deal with the relatively few bad apples that come along, certainly cases like this anyway. When I see, and in some cases suffer, more and more cuts in public spending this just doesn't sit comfortably with me when the FA could fine him £loads and ban him for xx games and you just know it would be eradicated almost immediately.

On an even more negative note business is c**p hence on NSC at 10.00 on a Wednesday morning. In fact pretty well given up trying to compete with the big consulting firms, so I'm now back scouring the classifieds!!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think that's my point, football is a multi gazillion £ industry and should be able to deal with the relatively few bad apples that come along, certainly cases like this anyway. When I see, and in some cases suffer, more and more cuts in public spending this just doesn't sit comfortably with me when the FA could fine him £loads and ban him for xx games and you just know it would be eradicated almost immediately.

On an even more negative note business is c**p hence on NSC at 10.00 on a Wednesday morning. In fact pretty well given up trying to compete with the big consulting firms, so I'm now back scouring the classifieds!!

Sorry to hear that...best of luck with the classifieds!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Who would undertake the "sanity check" ? A qualified and experienced lawyer or a van driver on an Internet forum ?

I have been thinking about this happypig. Strange as it may initially seem I actually think your "van driver on an internet forum" would be an improvement for the Sanity Check.

If you are adept with a big hammer - the solutions to problems you are presented with tend to involve a big hammer. If you are a surgeon, soutions tend to involve cutting things out. If you are a qualified and experienced lawyer - solutions tend to involve a court case. But as Rugrat pointed out - there are other better solutions - and a qualified and experienced lawyer may not look at these because - well - what he knows best is the law. What you want is someone who will look at different solutions and can weigh up what works best within the cost constraints.

So maybe the CPS want to prosecute because that is what they do. But that does not make it the best approach.

Anyway - that is my two-penneth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here