Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When was the last time BHA scored 2 in injury time?

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
Sunderland

0-1 down at 90 mins, Eric Potts scored two in injury time

One may have been before marginally before 90 mins.It was a long long long time ago

The only game I have ever left early, due to going with my friend and his Dad, who always left early to beat the traffic.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
How late were the goals against Torquay at the Goldstone in 1972? We were 1-0 down with time running out, and won 3-1.

I was at that one! (Snow on the ground?)

Great game! Well the last few minutes were.

My mum worked at the hotel where the Torquay players were staying at. She got me all their autographs.

She couldn't understand why I wasn't impressed.

Obviously looking back I can see it was a lovely thing to do, but when you are 10, you don't quite appreciate it.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Sunderland

One may have been before marginally before 90 mins.It was a long long long time ago

I was too young to go. I heard that were 1-0 down and thought that was it. My Dad came into the front room and told that Albion had won 2-1. I didn't believe him at first.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Sunderland

Was there in the south stand, and remember everybody going mental when the 2nd one went in.
Eric Potts certainly earned the "Super-Sub" moniker that night! :bowdown:

el punal

I was at that one! (Snow on the ground?)

Great game! Well the last few minutes were.

My mum worked at the hotel where the Torquay players were staying at. She got me all their autographs.

She couldn't understand why I wasn't impressed.

Obviously looking back I can see it was a lovely thing to do, but when you are 10, you don't quite appreciate it.

It was Good Friday, a morning kick-off (11.00 or 11.30, something like that). The Albion were 1-0 down with 8 minutes to go, then boom! We scored three and the final score was 3-1, and kept our promotion push on track. From then, until the end of the season, we played ten more games unbeaten, winning six and drawing four gaining promotion behind Aston Villa.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
It was Good Friday, a morning kick-off (11.00 or 11.30, something like that). The Albion were 1-0 down with 8 minutes to go, then boom! We scored three and the final score was 3-1, and kept our promotion push on track. From then, until the end of the season, we played ten more games unbeaten, winning six and drawing four gaining promotion behind Aston Villa.

I particularly remember the second to last home game against rotherham. Kenny Beamish smashing in the winner, from long range, in about the 8th minute of added time.

el punal

I particularly remember the second to last home game against rotherham. Kenny Beamish smashing in the winner, from long range, in about the 8th minute of added time.

I was there too! What a fantastic evening, and a fantastic goal. I seem to remember that Pat Saward changed things around a bit in March when we lost to Bradford City away. It was our last defeat of the season. I think it was around then that Kenny came into the side (for Kit Napier?) and John Napier was replaced by Ian Goodwin at centre half.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Ian Goodwin and Kenny Beamish were my 2 favourite players.

My dad used to cut my hair and try and impress me, by saying in was a Kenny Beamish hair-cut - but it was pretty much a bowl haircut :(

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
They weren't injury time goals, but I remember going to see the fixture against Spurs on April 2 1983. Albion had been outplayed and were 1-0 down; they then had Chris Ramsey sent-off and appeared to be heading for certain defeat. I had gone with a friend and his father, and we were stood on the East Terrace. We were making our way out of the ground. However, Tony Galvin then got himself sent-off.

Amazingly, Steve Gatting then scored an equalizer with about 7 minutes left. Even more amazingly, sub Gerry Ryan then scored a winner with about 3 minutes left. Scenes of pandemonium, and a personal resolve to NEVER leave a football match early....

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Sunderland

I remember that game (1970's). Sunderland had taken the lead in the 5th minute and we had all but given up hope of draw until the ginger super-sub Potts scored two in quick succession right at the death. I was even happier because the Sunderland fans had been twats outside the ground before the game.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
They weren't injury time goals, but I remember going to see the fixture against Spurs on April 2 1983. Albion had been outplayed and were 1-0 down; they then had Chris Ramsey sent-off and appeared to be heading for certain defeat. I had gone with a friend and his father, and we were stood on the East Terrace. We were making our way out of the ground. However, Tony Galvin then got himself sent-off.

Amazingly, Steve Gatting then scored an equalizer with about 7 minutes left. Even more amazingly, sub Gerry Ryan then scored a winner with about 3 minutes left. Scenes of pandemonium, and a personal resolve to NEVER leave a football match early....

This was one I was going to mention. Was it also that year we drew 3-3 with Liverpool after being 3-1 down in the final moments. 2 headers if I remember

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
Think both were in injury time. Remember the game well - February 25th, 1978. Also remember exactly where I was standing.

More ammunition for my wife who frequently says "How can you remember exactly what happened in a Brighton game forty years ago, but you can't remember what I asked you to do this morning?!"

I was in the North Stand near the top.... when the equaliser went in I ended up nearer the bottom, my glasses dislodged and when the winner went in seconds later - glasses came off and were stamped on in the crush of excitement. Being very short sighted, I had to shuffle off to the Club office after the pandemonium had died down and ring home for a lift (big thanks to Ron Pavey) as I couldn't see further than a few feet.....but I didn't care! Brilliant brilliant days.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

It is interesting how minds think in the same way. It's almost like we all chronologicalise (is that a word ?) history in the same way. For after the Sunderland match my mind went straight to that one. I'm sure there must have been others in between. I seem to remember the result was a bit academic though. I was in the chicken run that day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here