Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New York - best things to do in 2 days

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
If you go to Grand Central Station, definitely go there in the morning and get breakfast at Pershing Square, it's nestled under park avenue, right opposite the station. Pancakes, bacon and maple syrup should be the only viable option but your margin may vary!

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Avenge your brother's death by planning a city-wide campaign of terror aimed at New York's schools as a ruse to breaking into the Federal Reserve Bank and stealing the gold bullion. A word of warning though, don't waste your time playing mind-games with NYPD.

I wonder how many alerts this post has set off on homeland securities computers :lolol:

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Go and see the Giants at Meadowlands or the Yankees at Yankee Stadium. Shame you're a bit early for the Rangers at MSG which is my favourite sporting event after Albion at the Amex.

If you're on 58th Top of the Rock is an absolute must. Way better than the Empire State or One World Trade.

And it's a pain from where you are but the 9/11 Memorial is brilliant. Would be even better without twatty tourists taking selfies.

Walk over Brooklyn Bridge and a pizza at Grimaldis on Front St is good.

Or Katz's deli on Houston for a salt beef sandwich.

I could go on......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted User X18H

Can't help with what to do whilst there.

But don't forget to show off about it on here when you return.

A snap of you in Times Square is always a winner.

Or something to do with Bloomingdales.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Just got back 6 days ago from a 5 night trip so a little longer it if try to squeeze in the following

Coney Island
Chelsea Highline - lovely this time of year, wander down, have a bite somewhere in the meat packing district, can spend 2-3 hours
A rooftop bar early evening - recommend standard hotel,refinery rooftop or yotel(which has cinema club from around 8pm)
Central Park always worth a stroll
If you like museums the Met is worth a trip
Ground zero museum is incredible.

Enjoy

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Go and see the Giants at Meadowlands or the Yankees at Yankee Stadium. Shame you're a bit early for the Rangers at MSG which is my favourite sporting event after Albion at the Amex.

If you're on 58th Top of the Rock is an absolute must. Way better than the Empire State or One World Trade.

And it's a pain from where you are but the 9/11 Memorial is brilliant.Would be even better without twatty tourists taking selfies.

Walk over Brooklyn Bridge and a pizza at Grimaldis on Front St is good.

Or Katz's deli on Houston for a salt beef sandwich.

I could go on......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

British Stag party only last week. God help us all....
2016-09-20-08-49-40-77139912.jpg

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Grand Central
High line
Top of the rock
Central park
Ground Zero
Foley's NY bar 33rd Street
The Peculiar pub - Bleecker Street
House of Lasagne - 39th and Lexington

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Explosions in the Sky are playing two gigs there including Terminal 5 this week, I nearly went. Also, off the top of my head, Devandra Banhart, Large Professor, Brian Wilson and The Kills are all playing there between Wednesday and Friday.

I think MoMA is near where you're staying. Yellow Rat ******* and that bit round Lower Manhattan. I guess most people would say Williamsburg although I thought it was a bit too hipster, then again my patience has been exhausted by Brighton. Go to an Irish bar and do a bit of pool hustling. Chunter round on the subway listening to Tribe, Nas etc. Any of the shops round Times Square for cheap Air Maxes.

I think we must be very different people Banana, I wouldn't want to do any of those things lol.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Relative of mine part owns and manages the New York Comedy Club on E. 24th St.
Good night guaranteed and for only around $15 admission.

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
Poignant time for me. Last in New York 15 years ago. One of the last tourists ever to walk on the roof of the South Tower. Watched in horror on TV at the unfolding events a few days later after arriving home.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
High Line - do not miss it, amazing

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Ground Zero definitely.

Incredibly moving.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Went to Carragher's Bar (as in Jamie) last night - suggested as a decent place for a pint and a meal by a NYC pal I was meeting. Good food at reasonable prices, good range of beers and full of Scouse and other football memorabilia, and footy on all the TVs. On W39th between 7th and 8th.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here