Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Most important game for 10 years...

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Stoke have the worst defence in league and one of the loudest home crowds

Need to see out the first 20 minutes and shut the Tom Jones fan club up with a quick goal on the break

Slow start could cost us the game

I ask you why, why, why?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Absolutely nailed on defeat here.... We never get anything at stoke and they are the kind of physical , in ya face team we hate playing.

Still fancy us to stay up

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Absolutely nailed on defeat here.... We never get anything at stoke and they are the kind of physical , in ya face team we hate playing.

Still fancy us to stay up

That's what I fear as well.

A complete re-run of the West Brom game.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Ulloa's first goal of the second coming.Albion win.

theboybilly

Are you wanting to drop Murray?

Although Glenn has hit a bit of form yes I would prefer Ulloa on Saturday. Leo brings more to the table that would help in a tough away game. From his 40 minutes so far I dont think he has given the ball away much if at all. The ball sticks to him so he can bring others into play. Glenn? A half-hit shot off his knee, a penalty and an admittedlty well-taken goal v West Ham are an excellent return but 4 in 4 (on the law of averages) is a big ask. I just think there will be more of an all-round threat with Leo up front.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Going to put my Cup Fever to one side for now and concentrate on Stoke's "biggest game for 10 years".

Press conference today, isn't it ?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I hope we are also treating it as our most important game for 10 years, and not letting any Cup Fever divert our focus until after the game.

I'm totally thinking about the Coventry game, and almost forgetting about this one :nono:

Unlikely that many players will be involved in both games so I shouldn’t worry too much.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Still fancy us to stay up ujhhi

I agree with this. I'll settle foe a point right now.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That's what I fear as well.

A complete re-run of the West Brom game.
Me too. Whatever Hughton does, he has to do whatever it takes to make sure we don't start like we did up there. We know we can beat them, we really ought to have done so at home.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Although Glenn has hit a bit of form yes I would prefer Ulloa on Saturday. Leo brings more to the table that would help in a tough away game. From his 40 minutes so far I dont think he has given the ball away much if at all. The ball sticks to him so he can bring others into play. Glenn? A half-hit shot off his knee, a penalty and an admittedlty well-taken goal v West Ham are an excellent return but 4 in 4 (on the law of averages) is a big ask. I just think there will be more of an all-round threat with Leo up front.

I can't argue with your reasoning. We looked better with Leo on the pitch.
However I don't think Chris will drop an in form Murray. I also don't think he should.

Murray is currently the top scorer of any team in the bottom half of the table.
He is the sort of player who will always get something on it. 3 in 3, however they come, are absolute gold dust.
If the luck is running for you, stick with it.

There will come a time when Leo will start.
I think he will keep the shirt from that moment, but for now, it's Murray's shirt to lose.

Nice to have some competition for a change though, isn't it?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
My biggest fear is that, as at Huddersfield and West Brom, we simply won't turn up.
I can't explain why it happened but those were two crucial games and we were at our very worst - totally uncompetitive.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Mindset should be compete for every ball and show intent to score from the off. I fear a sitting back whilst trying to contain them, a set piece (probably) goal in the first 10 and the crowd will be up for it and a long afternoon is my expectation though.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Stoke aren't quite the same sort of team they used to be. They didn't score from a set play last week but conceded from one, so maybe this is finally the game where Dunk or Duffy get on the end of something. That said, I also fear a Huddersfield/West Brom repeat, because that's what we do.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Lambert is an excellent man manager, and that was seen when he took the helm and they got a few points in the bag. But that has gone now, his arrival is old news and, most importantly, his squad is shite.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Biggest Stoke crowd for 30 years ? ???

*Only there for the albion*

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Bring. It. On.

***Please let's not have a re-run of WBA away***