Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Ham tomorrow - no f**king about!

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Indeed, anyone really believing that it was a must win game on Wednesday doesn't really understand football.

I am however in danger of being one of those numpties for tomorrow's game. My head says the odds are we won't win, yet the odds are we'll stay up, so it can't be a must win - but my heart is saying it's must win, we've not got many good chances of a win left. Head must be right, but it doesn't feel like it.

I think if we dont win tomorrow, the odds might beg to disagree with you Trig

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Oh yeah, and if we have a thrown-in 80% of the way up the pitch, I *really* don't want to see the ball thrown to midfield and then passed back to defence. :rant::rant::rant:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My head says the odds are we won't win, yet the odds are we'll stay up, so it can't be a must win - but my heart is saying it's must win, we've not got many good chances of a win left. Head must be right, but it doesn't feel like it.

SAM's verdict:

Most probable score: 1-1 Probability of draw: 28%
Probability of home win: 44% Probability of away win: 29%

SAM (Sports Analytics Machine) is a super-computer created by @ProfIanMcHale at the University of Liverpool that is used to predict the outcome of football matches.

So there you go. A 44% chance of a WIN.

When Alexa tells me there is a 44% chance of rain, it rains.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Well after the opening tirade, no doubt we can now expect a chorus of boos the first time we pass the ball backwards, sideways or misplace a pass.
How any game can be must win when there are 36 points to play for after tomorrow is beyond me, but hey lets play up tomorrows fixture into our cup final. The only surprise so far is that there hasn't been a call for clappers and flags to really ensure a wall of noise is made.

I would just say cast your mind back to Peterborough when they talked their home game against Poyet's team into a must win, cup final. A goal and a player down inside the first half hour and a comfortable 3-0 win for the Albion.

What is needed tomorrow is another strong home performance where we are difficult to breakdown and give up few opportunities to West Ham, and to build from there in attacking with responsibility to ensure that we are not exposed to a counter attack with 9 out field players ahead of the ball when we lose possession.

Based on the hysteria of some fans I now fully expect to lose 3-9 if the management and players take on board the ramblings of some posters.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Oh yeah, and if we have a thrown-in 80% of the way up the pitch, I *really* don't want to see the ball thrown to midfield and then passed back to defence. :rant::rant::rant:

so leading 1-0 into stoppage time at the end of the game, and you still want to attack.

I would suggest that you seek professional help

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well after the opening tirade, no doubt we can now expect a chorus of boos the first time we pass the ball backwards, sideways or misplace a pass.
How any game can be must win when there are 36 points to play for after tomorrow is beyond me.

Shameful level of complacency.

If we don't start playing in deadly earnest for maximum points tomorrow, the opportunities to rack up many further points become increasingly cramped.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
How any game can be must win when there are 36 points to play for after tomorrow is beyond me, but hey lets play up tomorrows fixture into our cup final. The only surprise so far is that there hasn't been a call for clappers and flags to really ensure a wall of noise is made.

I would just say cast your mind back to Peterborough when they talked their home game against Poyet's team into a must win, cup final. A goal and a player down inside the first half hour and a comfortable 3-0 win for the Albion.

What is needed tomorrow is another strong home performance where we are difficult to breakdown and give up few opportunities to West Ham, and to build from there in attacking with responsibility to ensure that we are not exposed to a counter attack with 9 out field players ahead of the ball when we lose possession.

Based on the hysteria of some fans I now fully expect to lose 3-9 if the management and players take on board the ramblings of some posters.

Just make sure you remain QUIET and SEATED throughout in opposition to this tomfoolery to try and gee up the team ???

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Really? I quite liked it :shrug:

I think maybe you should pop out for quick pint.
Bozza? Quick pint? Does not compute!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I agree with the general sentiment. We should go for it tomorrow,

BUT, can we please ban the phrase 'MUST WIN' until it's actually the case? Those numpties who declared Wednesday's game a MW have presumably given up and are planning their shopping trip with the missus for tomorrow?!? No? Or are they the same dorks now declaring tomorrow a Must Win?

PG
Oh piss off

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I agree with the general sentiment. We should go for it tomorrow,

BUT, can we please ban the phrase 'MUST WIN' until it's actually the case? Those numpties who declared Wednesday's game a MW have presumably given up and are planning their shopping trip with the missus for tomorrow?!? No? Or are they the same dorks now declaring tomorrow a Must Win?

PG

Agreed that Wednesday was never a must win game and I'm quite pleased with a point but tomorrow has to be surely? Whilst we obviously won't be mathematically relegated if we don't win, we're rapidly running out of games to pick up three points and with West Ham's problems this looks potentially like our best chance of getting a win from the games we have left. Add on the potentially psychologically damaging effect it will have on the club as we will probably fall into the relegation zone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here