The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Leeds1.jpg

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
That is awful. I remember when we moved to the round badge (when we were at Withdean, can't remember the exact year we changed it), there were some unhappy people, but that wasn't a patch on this awful design! Just had a quick squint at three Leeds forums, two of which seem to have consistent posts slating it, the third (weirdly) doesn't have a thread about it.

Nothing LIKE the row when Archer ditched the round badge originally and moved to that awful shield. Took years before his last bit of vandalism was corrected.

(And yes I know who did it really, but I prefer to think it was Archer. We didn't need another 'break with the past' when we'd already lost the Goldstone).

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
One other thing... I've noticed that the girls beating their chests in the launch video aren't doing it in quite the same way as the very manly man on their new clubs crest. Why's that? It's as if there's something in the way.

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
Ghastly. And to think someone got paid for that. Can't imagine how that took 6 months of research to create and which 10,000 people were consulted but it can't have been Leeds' regular fans. My Leeds supporting pal thought it was a wind up, as did many of his mates. They unanimously detest it.

The poll in the Yorkshire Evening post is showing nearly 1,600 votes with only 18% in favour of the design, with some non-Leeds' fans (including NSC!) no doubt voting "yes" to add to the wind up and so the real "in favour" percentage is probably lower, suggesting a huge disconnect between the club/new brand designers and the real fan base.

Mega-fail by the club. Would be amazed if they didn't have a rethink on this. It is one of the naffest crests I've seen and for a club with such a proud history as Leeds you'd have thought they'd have done a bit more homework before going public. Must have been a very glitzy presentation from the design consultants to get the Board to buy into that. Awful.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
"The new crest depicts the ‘Leeds Salute’, which over the decades has been an expression of the passion that connects Leeds United’s fans and players on and off the pitch and all over the world."

So basically trying to own the idea of beating your heart with your hand? Christ they're struggling to come up with new ideas.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Place your hand over your heart, cry ‘Sieg’ then extend your arm and cry ‘Heil’.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I love a good rebrand, but I'm often wrong in my initial reactions to them. I hated the PL rebrand for the first month and now I love it.

I'm still not sure on it. It's a "bit hip with the kids" and looks like BBC Three advertising.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Utter crap, who thinks of these things and worse still, who agrees with them that it is a good idea.
Roy of the Rovers comic book stuff.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Complete clusterf**k. :lolol:

KKK with a hint of Third Reich and a whiff of white power. Money well spent then. C***s.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here