Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To avoid bed wetting - the staying up tracker - 2018-19 Game 36 update - 5 below

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
To me, Sunday's performance was a seminal moment in the progression of the club (in a similar way that our top 6 breakthrough win over Arsenal was important).

Defeating one of the world's most arrogant and expensive teams, but this time taking it to them with fantastic foofball, scoring 3 goals and winning.

Gives me lots of hope that CH and the squad are going up a level.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Call me negative, but I consider us to be 1 point down on last season. We drew at Watford and beat Utd at home.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
I'm also a big fan of this thread. My biggest concern having seen the projections, is that our season appears over-reliant on winning 5 of the last six games at home against (supposedly) our fellow strugglers. Chances are we'll draw one or two of them at least - so we need to have reached the 20+ mark by the turn of the year. And Sunday's result already helps with that target.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Any chance this could be pinned anywhere to make it easier to check?? It tends to fall way down the pages in between games, and it is a fantastic and really useful thread.

Bounce it. Survival of the fittest :shrug:punk:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
To me, Sunday's performance was a seminal moment in the progression of the club (in a similar way that our top 6 breakthrough win over Arsenal was important).

Defeating one of the world's most arrogant and expensive teams, but this time taking it to them with fantastic foofball, scoring 3 goals and winning.

Gives me lots of hope that CH and the squad are going up a level.

Sssssh! Radar. Under the :whistle::rolleyes::lolol:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Comparison and head-to-head following the Liverpool game:

game3.PNG

game3h2h.PNG

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Call me negative, but I consider us to be 1 point down on last season. We drew at Watford and beat Utd at home.

A match by match comparison with last seasons fixtures for goals scored / conceded would give a true measure of progress. But let's not detract from this excellent thread.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
No real change after a spirited narrow defeat to Liverpool. Still two points ahead of the staying up tracker AND the Europe tracker. We need to beat Fulham on Saturday to maintain that.

Attachments

• Fixtures Game 3.png
    Fixtures Game 3.png
    67 KB · Views: 435
  • Graph Game 3.png
    Graph Game 3.png
    109.8 KB · Views: 441

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
No real change after a spirited narrow defeat to Liverpool. Still two points ahead of the staying up tracker AND the Europe tracker. We need to beat Fulham on Saturday to maintain that.

I am away so we will we win by at least 3 goals. I am basing this on the fact I missed WBA at home last season.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Comparison and head-to-head following the Liverpool game:

View attachment 100140

View attachment 100141

Can you explain the head-to-head for me.
Specifically, you seem to be pointing to us getting six points from United this year. We've matched the home result, but if we were to match the away result, we'd have three points.
Also, wouldn't substituting last year's 18th, 19th and 20th, with the Championship's 1st, 2nd and 3rd make more sense than not?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Can you explain the head-to-head for me.
Specifically, you seem to be pointing to us getting six points from United this year. We've matched the home result, but if we were to match the away result, we'd have three points.
Also, wouldn't substituting last year's 18th, 19th and 20th, with the Championship's 1st, 2nd and 3rd make more sense than not?

It's not pointing to anything really. It's just a stacked count of how many points we got from them this season and last season. We got three last year and, so far, three this year so the total is six. If we nab another point or three that'll go up to 7 or 9 with the red bar being bigger than the blue.

I'm not sure what you mean with your last sentence though. I figured I'd sub out the relegated teams and sub in the promoted teams.

EDIT : I could side-by-side the points bars now that I think about it. Would make more sense at a glance.

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It's not pointing to anything really. It's just a stacked count of how many points we got from them this season and last season. We got three last year and, so far, three this year so the total is six. If we nab another point or three that'll go up to 7 or 9 with the red bar being bigger than the blue.

I'm not sure what you mean with your last sentence though. I figured I'd sub out the relegated teams and sub in the promoted teams.

EDIT : I could side-by-side the points bars now that I think about it. Would make more sense at a glance.

I think you've got my last sentence. The point effectively is that of the 40 points we got last year, 11 (if memory serves me right) came from the three relegated teams, and these need to be factored in if we're to compare our performance this season compared to last season -- and it's this that we should be doing in my view, as it constitutes an alternative measure to the one established by [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION].

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I think you've got my last sentence. The point effectively is that of the 40 points we got last year, 11 (if memory serves me right) came from the three relegated teams, and these need to be factored in if we're to compare our performance this season compared to last season -- and it's this that we should be doing in my view, as it constitutes an alternative measure to the one established by [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION].

Oh! Yep I see. I'll have a play around tonight when I get home from work.

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
Nit-picky, given the impressive nature of this thread and its works, but... the head-to-head tracker, could the colour scheme be changed? Red and blue together is like musophilia - just plain wrong on all counts.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
When 2-1 down yesterday, I thought of this thread, and realised we only we needed one goal to still be on track. Made it easier to bear.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Bounce

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Still on target and still will be even if we lose the next 2.

:albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here