Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone else spot/know the guy with the wig and fake beard?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
No, it wasn't Jose Mourinho - although he probably fancied the disguise by the end. This is a weird one though.

Bloke got on the 25 bus yesterday at the Pavilion with an Albion ticket. From the seats upstairs we could see that his luxuriant hipster beard was not completely attached to his face, and then clocked that he also had a wig on. Was dressed in cords, with a jacket and tie carrying a large blue carrier bag. Something about him just seemed very 'off'. He sat upstairs and didn't come across like a normal, relaxed type of bloke going to the football. We glanced at him a couple of times and he was always staring straight back.

When everyone piled off by the Uni, he stayed on - and yet definitely had an Albion ticket. By then, we thought we were probably being completely paranoid but, to be on the safe side, mentioned it to the police at the ground, and found a family on our bus doing the same - equally suspicious and a bit freaked by him.

I realise there are 999 reasons in a thousand that it could be perfectly innocent (fancy dress? mentally ill? just a bit ugly?) - but who goes to a big event in disguise? Maybe someone who doesn't want to be identifiable later on CCTV?

So it would be great if someone here just happened to know the explanation...

Incidentally, I think he made it to the match. Afterwards - and I know this is a weird coincidence - we'd more or less forgotten about it until 3 pissed-up United fans came past the train queue, talking loudly and laughing. One said "Can't believe I've just seen a bloke in a false beard and a wig... maybe he's going to blow the place up or something'.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No, it wasn't Jose Mourinho - although he probably fancied the disguise by the end. This is a weird one though.

Bloke got on the 25 bus yesterday at the Pavilion with an Albion ticket. From the seats upstairs we could see that his luxuriant hipster beard was not completely attached to his face, and then clocked that he also had a wig on. Was dressed in cords, with a jacket and tie carrying a large blue carrier bag. Something about him just seemed very 'off'. He sat upstairs and didn't come across like a normal, relaxed type of bloke going to the football. We glanced at him a couple of times and he was always staring straight back.

When everyone piled off by the Uni, he stayed on - and yet definitely had an Albion ticket. By then, we thought we were probably being completely paranoid but, to be on the safe side, mentioned it to the police at the ground, and found a family on our bus doing the same - equally suspicious and a bit freaked by him.

I realise there are 999 reasons in a thousand that it could be perfectly innocent (fancy dress? mentally ill? just a bit ugly?) - but who goes to a big event in disguise? Maybe someone who doesn't want to be identifiable later on CCTV?

Incidentally, I think he made it to the match. Afterwards - and I know this is a weird coincidence - we'd more or less forgotten about it until 3 pissed-up United fans came past the train queue, talking loudly and laughing. One said "Can't believe I've just seen a bloke in a false beard and a wig... maybe he's going to blow the place up or something'.

One way of trying to get round a banning order perhaps.........................???

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8572518 said:
Probably [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION]

No probably about it!

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes

What was the police response?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Someone who sits in view of the cameras and was planning a sickie today.

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
Come to think of it, there was a right weirdo sat not far away from me.

11t0dv9.png

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
What was the police response?

They said they’d alerted all officers around the ground. Overhearing the United fans at the end though made me think they hadn’t found him. Or perhaps they did and it was all entirely innocent I suppose.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It was Parish trying to see how a good club is run
Most likely explanation so far. If he was spotted attempting to buy a burger at a negotiated deal of 2% of advertised sale price and then later offering £500 for a Twix then we've got him.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here