Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] What the feck is going on in Hassocks?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No Idea what happened.......................think you answered your own question !

My point was that I had no idea of why all the thin blue line were sat and stood around doing nothing.

What do you remember Rev? I used to visit a friend there when I was a teenager, 40 odd years ago, and a girlfriend in Keymer a few years later. I don't remember anything dodgy (apart from her homemade curries). We would have a beer in The Thatched Inn. Seemed like an idyllic small, Sussex town back then.

Any where South of Wivelsfield was an issue to be fair, problems also started from Balcombe and further north.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Parents, or probably a single parent that doesn’t give a feck. No discipline in schools, teachers hands tied behind their backs by politicians. Zero respect for others by those that want someting for nothing and expect the State to fund their useless lives and all compounded by having no police presence on the streets. This is not just about Hassocks, it’s happening everywhere in our country.
That’s a fair post apart from the schools bit. Yeah you can’t beat the crap out of them anymore but......

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
I have lived in Hassocks for the last six years and think there are some very unpleasant anti social thugs who cause all sorts of problems. Whether it is any worse or better than other towns I don’t know but nobody seems to have the power to resolve the issues that exist.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have lived in Hassocks for the last six years and think there are some very unpleasant anti social thugs who cause all sorts of problems. Whether it is any worse or better than other towns I don’t know but nobody seems to have the power to resolve the issues that exist.

Faversham pioneered cctv many years ago. We have it all over the town centre. Despite having a fair wallop of chavington recidivists, it is not dangerous here.

Very sorry to hear of OP's experience. If I were a lot younger, and had some super powers, I'd be a vigilante. And I'm not joking.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Faversham pioneered cctv many years ago. We have it all over the town centre. Despite having a fair wallop of chavington recidivists, it is not dangerous here.

Very sorry to hear of OP's experience. If I were a lot younger, and had some super powers, I'd be a vigilante. And I'm not joking.

It’s a real problem that criminals don’t fear the justice system, seemingly the only thing they might do is other bigger criminals than they. Law of the Jungle applies and yet our Police are like Clarence the cross-eyed lion with a bad set of dentures trying to keep order amongst an ever increasing number of hyaenas/jackals.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It’s a real problem that criminals don’t fear the justice system, seemingly the only thing they might do is other bigger criminals than they. Law of the Jungle applies and yet our Police are like Clarence the cross-eyed lion with a bad set of dentures trying to keep order amongst an ever increasing number of hyaenas/jackals.

Not sure about that. I don't regard criminals as being smart.

Not a good sitution though...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The Burgess Hill stuff wasn't youth on youth regular fighting.

In the last three years there've been plenty of incidents of evil thugs smashing innocent peoples skulls in. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I was a juror on one such trial. During the trial, it emerged that the defendents had recently done this to other innocents walking home in the night (convicted in a separate trial). Plus other similar incidents in Burgess Hill carried out by other thugs (covered in the Argus and local TV).

Justices was served, thanks to dedicated Police and some brave witnesses.

There’s been a lot of youth stuff in Burgess Hill......not a lot of it end in court sadly.

I was on a jury a while back in relation to something along the lines you describe (not in Burgess Hill). Whole case was useless - CPS and police never had a hope of a conviction.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Need a bit of ' Kray/Richardson ' style street control. Then the oiks doing the bullying, mugging and knifing would disappear and the real violence could be left to the experts.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Where is Mad Frankie Fraser when you need him. Could do with him lurking in the shadows by the station and whispering....' run along home lads, its way past your bedtime '

Last edited:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Visited Bournemouth recently, someone tried to snatch my phone on the way back the the hotel, the whole place made me feel uneasy, don't remember it ever being like that.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Where is Mad Frankie Fraser when you need him. Could do with him lurking in the shadows by the station and whispering....' run along home lads, its way past your bedtime '

He’s no longer with us

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

The defendants I saw were just thick. They thought they could randomly maim / seriously hurt people in the Mid Sussex towns in the middle of the night, and get away with it. Nonchalantly and naively confident until, found guilty.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

You have a point.

The thugs and criminals know the police are crap and unless they actually kill someone, they are unlikely to even bother looking.

I know that the OB and their supporters on here will start bleating on about "lack of resources". The OB had enough money last year to paint rainbows all over their cars in Brighton and in Worthing they have just painted the rear end of their cars to look like New York yellow cabs! I know not why. And that's before we even start on the costs of investigating dead men (Heath) and those against whom no evidence of criminality ever existed (Lord Brammall, Cliff etc).

There was an area of Manchester which reported > 220 crimes last year. The OB solved NONE of them!

Vigilantism is the inevitable consequence of the torpor and incompetence of the OB. If the OB can't be arsed to catch the criminals what other options are there?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here