Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Newcastle United *** Official Match Thread ***

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hard to feel good after conceding so late but you're right. We don't have to play many good teams now and just have to concentrate on us. Chris needs a reaction at forest, go for the jugular.

Not feeling good - feeling ok - and strangely positive... Just read that team cost £65m - puts even more perspective on it. Horrible way to lose but think the lads were also very knackered after the shift pressing Reading on Sat & what they gave tonight. Lady Luck shined on them for the first goal too - 99% of the time that mishit shot doesn't result in a goal..!

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
I really rarely get proper hacked off with the football but right now i'm just devastated. Really truly gutted!

yes there's perspective and yes there really are positives but that was soul destroying.

a 1-0 result could have led to a 12 point advantage over 3rd come Saturday night and now look at it! We simply lost our bottle in the 2nd half and couldn't keep hold of the frigging thing!

3 points a must at Nottingham sat

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Bad day at the office. Couldn't pass the ball, couldn't hold on to it and as the game went on, it got more and more obvious that they would score. Never seen the defence so poor really.

Forget about it and move on...forest now becomes a big game if hudds beat Newcastle on Saturday!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Think we will go down 2 -1

This was based on the fact that when we scored Newcastle upped their game and we sat back as if the result was a foregone conclusion without us trying. For most of the game we were 2nd best in every department. The good point could be that we usually bounce back so looking towards 3 points at Forest. irrespective of what happens between Huddersfield and Newcastle.

D

Deleted member 2719

Why oh why, did CH not bring on Hemed on for murray.

I believe we let them come at us through his defensive approach just like Derby last year, let's hope it doesn't cost us again.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
We will go up this year. This team has been immense this season and I really believe this is our year. We could well have gone 2 or 3 three up tonight and all Sky kept going on about was their chance before half time. As Micky Adams said "Keep the faith." (Then he got sacked.:lolol:)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I felt a lack of belief after 35 mins. Maybe I'm doing the Geordies a disssrvice but I thought we didnt really believe we were going to win it. I level this at our forward line btw , certainly not our boys at the back.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Wasn't our best performance. Held on for as long as we could, some dodgy defending along the way. Newcastle were picking up every ball and got the luck of the bounce a lot and a very fluky goal got them right fired up. Massive shame to lose it then. Brush it off and smash forest on the weekend. UTA.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
This team, this manager, this chairman are on the verge of taking us to the top division for the first time since 1983! This is no time for negativity of any kind. We deserve to go up and we ARE going up THIS year.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
I know this is a rather radical point-of-view, but I thought we did ok tonight. Yes, there were some heart-stopping misplaced passes, but we looked dangerous when going forward and outplayed them at times. They are the best (other) side in the league by a country mile and we matched them at least.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I know this is a rather radical point-of-view, but I thought we did ok tonight. Yes, there were some heart-stopping misplaced passes, but we looked dangerous when going forward and outplayed them at times. They are the best (other) side in the league by a country mile and we matched them at least.

Newcastle fans on train back saying they thought we were better team.

However two of them left early and missed both their goals.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Undeserving geordie *****

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here