Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The January Transfer Window

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
if we were going to spend big, I think our PERFECT signing would be Abel Hernandez, I think he's a class player and proven in the championship and also some in the prem, but I know how far off I am.

In the summer if we get promoted (and Hull get relegated), then yes. The other players from potentially relegated clubs I'd like would include Defoe, Robertson and Sigurdsson. But I might just be getting ahead of myself. For the moment, a young PL striker is probably what we need, or Robbie Keane.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
maybe you've already seen this, but NOONE knows, the club is very low-key with everything

Given the tight ship that we are currently running, there is no way they are going to leak such sensitive information to a former player - particularly one at a club in our division. What were you THINKING?

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Maybe keen on the 18k a week too. Would have been a bargain though in terms of transfer fee.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
He's just signed a new contract. Not sure if this means anything anymore though.

It doesn't. But the reason is to unsettle over the next few days, not to buy. I suspect that might be a tad obvious (although Villa did manage to do it with Calderwood, but the difference there is they went through with it -- I wonder if he's regretting that now).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Leicester City striker and Premier League title winner Leonardo Ulloa has handed in a transfer request, with West Brom, Hull, Sunderland and Swansea interested in signing the 30-year-old. (Daily Express)

West Ham and Brentford have had a breakthrough in talks over the transfer of 24-year-old striker Scott Hogan. The Hammers have offered about £13.5m in total.(Daily Mail)

Marseille are confident of a deal to sign Crystal Palace midfielder Yohan Cabaye - even though the Eagles want £16m for the 31-year-old. (Mirror)

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Robbie Keane confirms he has had offers from Championship - but not Leeds United

Robbie Keane has confirmed he is considering offers from the Championship and expects a decision to be made in the "next couple of weeks".

Preston North End are the bookies favourites to land the Irish goalscoring record holder while Keane's former clubs Leeds United and Wolves have also been mentioned as potential destinations.
Speaking on TalkSport today, Keane didn't rule out a move to Preston but admitted there have been no offers from Leeds or Wolves or the cash rich land of China.

"Keep this space, the next couple of weeks and we will see what happens," said Keane on TalkSport.
"I have had a couple of offers in England and abroad. I have had to knock back a couple because it was too far away.

"I have got a few offers on the table. I have had a lot of people asking are you coming back to Leeds, Wolves etc. But you can’t go somewhere where there is not an offer.
"I definitely haven’t heard from Leeds or Wolves. There area a few other Championship clubs who I don’t want to mention at the moment."

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Transfer Centre Live ‏@TransferCentreL 23m
23 minutes ago

Burnley have made an enquiry for Norwich City midfielder Alex Pritchard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here