Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bernardo - Brazilian defender SIGNS from RB Leipzig

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I’m gonna go mental in true un-nsc style here but how about... just maybe.. just maybe... we wait about 3 months to comment on whether this bloke is good enough or not for us... I know it’s mental to suggest it but... :shrug:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
He doesn't say that in the interview despite it being the headline. The reporter asks a leading question but he doesn't say anything directly.

The player has spoken to ESPN Brasil after the game, and couldn’t hide his frustration for the bad result right in his first match for the club.

“Pleased to be able to make my first match in the Premier League,” Bernardo told ESPN Brasil. “It sure was always a dream for me to play in the English league. But to be honest, quite frustrated by defeat. Especially because of the performance of our team, I think we really didn’t have a good match.”

“Watford were better than us, they were stronger, they were faster, the were smarter, they were more everything. So they deserved the victory. And now we have two very complicated clashes. But that’s the English league, it isn’t easy and we have to be prepared.”

Reporter João Castelo Branco mentioned that in a recent interview, Bernardo refered to Richarlison as a young Brazilian who could show his talent at Watford and then move to another club. So he asked the player if the left-back also wants to use the Premier League as a way of making his name in football.

“Yes, for sure. I think the Premier League is like the NBA in basketball. You being in the league, everyone is watching you. Maybe they’re not even watching Brighton, but watching another team, they end up watching.”

“Of course my total focus is on Brighton for now, I have a commitment to my team, we have our targets. But of course, I have my dreams, I have my goals, that is to go from here to a better place, and I think the Premier League is a good platform for this.”

Last sentence of the last paragraph?

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Can't see nothing wrong with ambition. What's he supposed to say "Brighton is the only club I have ever wanted to play for and i want to end my career here".

Any player that's not in the top 6 team will want to play in Europe and will move to a club that could provide that if they came calling, apart Zaha..

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Locadia said something similar.
If a player is good enough to use the club as a springboard to play CL football, then I'll be delighted we're signing players of that calibre.

I seriously doubt that the majority of players we bring in will be. But got to love ambition.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I’m gonna go mental in true un-nsc style here but how about... just maybe.. just maybe... we wait about 3 months to comment on whether this bloke is good enough or not for us... I know it’s mental to suggest it but... :shrug:

We could also be pleased to have signed a player who believes he is capable of playing in Manchester instead of Salford.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wrote off Schelotto after his disastrous debut at Huddersfield. He turned out all right. I'm not making the same mistake again!

Your kind is not welcome here.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

Nobody's writing him off, but surely he needs to prove himself at this level before announcing that he wants to be somewhere better. He's only played one game here and his performance was shocking. I suppose it is the timing of it, more than what he actually said. The way he lamely jogged after the Watford player that ran through to score was inexcusable, no matter how much we all want him to succeed. Still, as Kuipers proved, he may still prove to be a superb signing.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I've got a good idea. Let's slag him off so much that it pisses him off, then we can slag him off for being pissed off, true NSC style.

He would like to play for us now, with the possibility of joining a top 6 club if he succeeds, VVD style. FFS, what would we want with £50M profit? Not even worth getting out of bed and scratching our arse for, is it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here