Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Iranian Fans

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Thanks for this fantastic welcome !
I would have been supporting you guys even if the Ali deal did not fall through after reading your posts on northstandchat for the past 3-4 days. You guys are passionate as hell! The Mahrez leaving threat on the Leicester forum only had 150 pages.

I have one question:
I read somewhere that Brighton had 12 TV games last season? Is there anyway we can somehow stream all of the games? I will try to come to visit Falmer Stadium as soon as possible.

All 38 games will be available somewhere. You might have more options in Denmark, but NBC Sports Gold streams most of the games which are not on TV. You can sign up for $50, but will need to use a VPN as well to pretend that you're in the USA. Games they don't show you can find on Reddit soccer streams. If you don't want to pay any money you can just go to Reddit soccer streams for all games, but NBC Sports does provide a high quality service that is reliable.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Thanks for this fantastic welcome !
I would have been supporting you guys even if the Ali deal did not fall through after reading your posts on northstandchat for the past 3-4 days. You guys are passionate as hell! The Mahrez leaving threat on the Leicester forum only had 150 pages.

I have one question:
I read somewhere that Brighton had 12 TV games last season? Is there anyway we can somehow stream all of the games?

Correction: the question you ought to be asking round here is....What happened to the cup final money? Solve this and you win a place on the Board.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Welcome to our new Iranian friends, enjoy the ride. We never do things the easy way and it will be a whole new emotional rollercoaster this season.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
All this “aren’t Iranians great people now” is pathetic. We signed a player from Iran we don’t need to have sex with them (especially if it was man on man as that is illegal in some countries!).

I've been 'wooshed' here haven't I ?

I honestly thought you were for real. I feel so stupid now. At least I got you on this post before it took something even more outlandish.

Well done though. I'm normally good at picking up on these things.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
iran.jpgiran3.jpg

Please bring them all

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Grilled kebabs, crispy rice (sometimes with barberries or broad beans), herby dishes like ghormeh sabzi (green herbs, lime, meat, beans), saucy meat dishes like geymeh (meat, split peas, lime) and fesenjoon (pomegranate, walnuts, meat), flatbreads - and loads more not listed.

Persian cuisine is one of my favourite types of food. Oh so good.

(I'd just like to clarify for Hopkins that doesn't mean I want to have sex with an Iranian man.)

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
All this “aren’t Iranians great people now” is pathetic. We signed a player from Iran we don’t need to have sex with them (especially if it was man on man as that is illegal in some countries!).

I'll bite. It's not a case of 'aren't Iranians great people now' - it's a case of 'Iranian people were always great, and still are'. To judge them on their religious leaders (whom they cannot vote in or out) is page one ignorance. Their fans are, of course, more than welcome here. If you won't to judge them on your own narrow, meaningless views, knock yourself out. Just keep them to yourself though, if making a tit of yourself is what you hope to avoid.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I'll bite. It's not a case of 'aren't Iranians great people now' - it's a case of 'Iranian people were always great, and still are'. To judge them on their religious leaders (whom they cannot vote in or out) is page one ignorance. Their fans are, of course, more than welcome here. If you won't to judge them on your own narrow, meaningless views, knock yourself out. Just keep them to yourself though, if making a tit of yourself is what you hope to avoid.

I cant believe it... I actually agree with TLO...I must have sunstroke

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Indeed. I am gratified that our Board has a Pronunciation police as well as the ubiquitous Grammar police :smile: It works in Hawaii, anyway. Still, good info to know.

Incidentally, does the correct phonetics of ee-ron have anything to do with the famed cult hero, E Ron Hubbard ????

Welcome back KLS.

When I lived in Canada and watched US telly the pronunciation was I ran. As in eye ran. A country nearby was eye rack.

There was no ee ron. None at all.

As for E Ron Hubbard, didn't he live in the cupboard?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Just keep them to yourself though, if making a tit of yourself is what you hope to avoid.

Some posters post for the lolz of making a tit of themselves. Some simply don’t care whether they do or don’t. Some just like tits. And one departed brother appears to have no clue that he was genuinely disliked by the majority of the Board.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Persian cuisine is one of my favourite types of food. Oh so good.

(I'd just like to clarify for Hopkins that doesn't mean I want to have sex with an Iranian man.)

:laugh:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
On top of that, his attitude is top class- a lot of Iranians players have an arrogant/ghetto attitude because they are pretty spoiled, but Ali is very different. Humble and modest in every bone.

So at the very least, even if he doesn't live up to his potential- you can be sure that he will always play his best, he will always respect the fans, manager and his teammates. Hopefully that's worth something.

Pretty much our transfer policy for the last 3 and half years. He'll fit right in.

teammelli

Jul 25, 2018
80million JCLs more like...where were you when we were shit eh? Eh?! And when golden bamies clears off to Arsenal or the like, what then - you lot scarpa off up the old Kent for a dodgy ruby with him before disappearing into a Benghazi to park yer breakfast? I don’t fink so. The liberty. No mate. Let me tell you this little miss sunshine....

You’re (nb: more commonly spelt your) now one of us. Declared. Colours nailed to the mast. No deserting. No whining about lack of glory. Asking why me? (‘Cause your ‘ere son, and there’s nobody else in this freezing rain tonight at Spotland). If we’re served shit, we eat it. And come back for more next week. No questions. And if your ever caught saying something nice about them ‘eathen bar starts at the wrong end of the A23, we’ll be over in a Gordon, causing so much mayhem they’ll have to rename the capital Tehrup.

Now we’re clear on that score...Welcome! :) Quite like a Tahdig myself...Noosh-e jan! :thumbsup:

What is this feeling stirring deep inside?? The tingling... I feel like.. I feel like it's actually happening! Everything you said, look! My colors ARE nailed to the mast now! I don't know what most of what you said means but if someone's serving it up I'll sit down and eat it with you! :albion2:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Welcome to all our new Iranian friends. Great to have you here.

Enjoy Ali J, enjoy NSC and above all enjoy Brighton & Hove Albion FC!

:albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here