Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] After the game on friday

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
i put forward the notion of an open top bus to go around the pitch at the end so that palarse can dribble on about it.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Going to be a messy old evening what with it being a bank holiday too. Can’t wait.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Tinpot, celebrating a lower half finish

I remember people saying it would be 'tinpot' to go on the pitch at the Wigan game.

'Tinpot' is the shittest expression in football.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Tinpot, celebrating a lower half finish

Quite. Small club mentality.
I have applauded the players every game I have been to this season and Friday will be no different. Quick appreciation at the final whistle and then away again to the lonely sea and the sky. I can understand a trophy or promotion or a last gasp escape being afforded a little bit extra but lets give the impression that we are serious about this league and intend to be here for a few seasons. Will there be laps of honour at the final home games at Bournemouth or Watford or West Ham or Newcastle or Palace, most of whom will finish in the bottom half? I very much doubt it.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Quite. Small club mentality.
I have applauded the players every game I have been to this season and Friday will be no different. Quick appreciation at the final whistle and then away again to the lonely sea and the sky. I can understand a trophy or promotion or a last gasp escape being afforded a little bit extra but lets give the impression that we are serious about this league and intend to be here for a few seasons. Will there be laps of honour at the final home games at Bournemouth or Watford or West Ham or Newcastle or Palace, most of whom will finish in the bottom half? I very much doubt it.

From what I've seen ..most clubs do a bit after their final home game (might be a bit tricky if you've just been relegated) ....its not what i would call a lap of honour but a thank you from the players to the fans and vice versa

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
From what I've seen ..most clubs do a bit after their final home game (might be a bit tricky if you've just been relegated) ....its not what i would call a lap of honour but a thank you from the players to the fans and vice versa

In the video I posted above that is exactly what Hughton says: they'd like to thank us fans for our support throughout the season.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Anyone else NOT in to these walk arounds? Never been a fan of them. I love this club and have done for 52 years now. But as soon as the whistle goes on Friday, I'll clap the players off as always and then it's beer time.

Mind you I do want one of those training tops that they walk out to with BHAFC on the back. They don't sell em in the shop. So I may get a bit of cardboard out and write a message to big Shane as he's my size.

Once the game has finished and the players have left the pitch, aren't we allowed to take our beers back to our seats?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
They are very clear with these that its about thanking the fans rather than the other way round.
Its not really of the clubs choosing that its going to be 10pm at night but plenty of fans, kids especially (its not a school night after all) do appreciate it so its for them

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
If it was Saturday afternoon...sure I'd stay behind and cheer. But Friday night I want to get down the battle cruiser for a few pints of Harveys...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here