Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Championship does it again!

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Bent only makes the subs bench for Burton though!

They are playing 4-5-1 at minute with a 19 year old on loan from Man City in the Bridcutt holding role

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
If we do, we deserve it.

Saturday was the worst performance I've seen in 29 years of supporting the club.

Saw the brief highlights - the defending for some of the goals was absolutely shocking.

theroyal

May 11, 2014
Bloody hell. I wondered if it was a case of going for broke after going one down. Grim though as not many get tonked by Ipswich.

Had you made it via the POs a year ago, do you think you'd have done better than WBA?

Hard to say. We invested a record amount in the summer, so with Premier League money on top of that, we could've invested in some decent players and done okay.

I'm just looking forward to the season being over to be honest. It's very unlikely we'll go down as we need to lose and then Birmingham to draw, Burton and Barnsley to win, and they've all got tough games against clubs who are fighting at the top of the end of the table. So we'll probably survive, but we don't deserve to. It will be an interesting summer.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hard to say. We invested a record amount in the summer, so with Premier League money on top of that, we could've invested in some decent players and done okay.

I'm just looking forward to the season being over to be honest. It's very unlikely we'll go down as we need to lose and then Birmingham to draw, Burton and Barnsley to win, and they've all got tough games against clubs who are fighting at the top of the end of the table. So we'll probably survive, but we don't deserve to. It will be an interesting summer.

So was sacking Stam the right move?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005

Who called that record spending that changed you from nearly promoted to still being in the relegation mix with a game to go? Shocking.

theroyal

May 11, 2014
Who called that record spending that changed you from nearly promoted to still being in the relegation mix with a game to go? Shocking.

Well, some of them were good. If it weren't for Barrow then we'd be down already. Mannone has been decent for the most part. But Aluko, Edwards and Martin have just been horrendous

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here