Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Cambridge Analytica were involved in a pro Brexit campaign

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
It's okay, the security services can round up the journalists in question for this anti democratic collusion. :rolleyes:

[tweet]977621310150004736[/tweet]

D

Deleted member 22389

wtf?? And what if it's shown that their activities have been illegal.

What do you suggest, because we can't row back and have another referendum. That's not fair on people like myself and millions of others who where going to vote Leave long before the campaign started.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What do you suggest, because we can't row back and have another referendum. That's not fair on people like myself and millions of others who where going to vote Leave long before the campaign started.

Why are you so scared of another election? it can't just be because the last one was won by the narrowest of margins.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

Why not? We have new elections every 4 or so years, allowing people to change their minds or stay their course. Isn't it more democratic to allow people this opportunity as facts and therefore opinions change?

"We can't have another election, that's not fair on the millions of people who voted [insert party] and were going to vote [insert party] long before campaigning started"

D

Deleted member 22389

Why are you so scared of another election? it can't just be because the last one was won by the narrowest of margins.

I'm not scared of another referendum. Let's just say we had another referendum and Remain won, do we have a third referendum to finally decide?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

In what possible way is it 'not fair' on you? You'll just vote again as you choose.

What are you so scared of?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm not scared of another referendum. Let's just say we had another referendum and Remain won, do we have a third referendum to finally decide?

If a pooh load of new facts surface, between elections, then I don't see why not.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Why not? We have new elections every 4 or so years, allowing people to change their minds or stay their course. Isn't it more democratic to allow people this opportunity as facts and therefore opinions change?

"We can't have another election, that's not fair on the millions of people who voted [insert party] and were going to vote [insert party] long before campaigning started"

so, you are suggesting a referendum on EU membership every 4-5 years?
lets do that. re-run the referendum and then every few years have a vote to maintain the membership and/or approval and new treaties of the EU.

meanwhile let go back a step to the point raised - what was not considered free or fair about the referendum?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

If some time after that second vote, A) a significant new amount of information was available to voters, and / or B) information came to light proving significant illegal influence in the previous vote, then yes, absolutely we should.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
We can forever refer to it as The Crooked Referendum ? ???

Was always crooked from the start,with the amount of taxpayers cash Remain wasted on lying propaganda before the official start.£9 million on Cameron/Osborne shiny bog-roll mail-out for starters,and all the cash sent by foreign billionaires.But the brave Leavers saw through all the Establishment's propaganda,and you lot will thank us one day for your freedom (but I'm not holding my breath :lolol:).

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If some time after that second vote, A) a significant new amount of information was available to voters, and / or B) information came to light proving significant illegal influence in the previous vote, then yes, absolutely we should.

Sadly with regards to point A, we're not talking about a significant new amount of information, just the information we were never told about, by either side.

A couple of weeks ago I watched a few Brexit adverts, (that's how much I hate myself) genuinely frightening stuff.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Was always crooked from the start,with the amount of taxpayers cash Remain wasted on lying propaganda before the official start.£9 million on Cameron/Osborne shiny bog-roll mail-out for starters,and all the cash sent by foreign billionaires.But the brave Leavers saw through all the Establishment's propaganda,and you lot will thank us one day for your freedom (but I'm not holding my breath :lolol:).

***cough*** BUS ***cough***

pri_45490225.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It's okay, the security services can round up the journalists in question for this anti democratic collusion. :rolleyes:

[tweet]977621310150004736[/tweet]

The Alt right / ex-UKIP wing of the Tory party would do this if they could get away with it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here