Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings vs Arsenal (h)

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Ryan 8.5 Couple of great saves but thought kicking could have been better.
Schelotto 8.5 Becoming a legend
Duffy 8 Steady should have got at least one header on target
Dunk 8.5 Reducing his scoring deficit, did very well
Bong 9 Prolific
Knockaert 8 Better, needs to watch his temperament
Stephens 8 Poor start but then really came into it
Propper 9 Got arrested after trying to leave the Amex with too many Arsenal players in his pocket!
Izquierdo 8.5 Quality, needs to look up sometimes before shooting
Gross 8.5 Grafted the whole match, brilliant
Murray 10 If I was a Lady I'd marry him!

Bruno 6 I think our progress may have left him behind a little
March 6 As above, clearly needs to up his game when he gets a chance
Kayal 7 Didn't have time to really shine but what he did he did well

CH 10 Can't say more than HE GOT IT RIGHT

Fans 10/10 What an atmosphere, beggars belief that you'd leave early through choice and miss that two minutes at the end of the game

:lolol:

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Ryan 8
Jesus 8
Duffy 7.5
Dunk 8
Bong 8.5
Knockaert 7.5
Stephens 7.5
Propper 9 More comfortable with every game - MoM
Jose 8
Gross 8.5
Murray 9

Bruno 6.5
March 6
Kayal 6

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Ryan 8
Schelotto 7
Duffy 7
Dunk 8
Bong 7
Knockaert 7
Propper 8.5 MOTM
Stephens 7.5
Izquierdo 7.5
Groß 8
Murray 8

Bruno 7
March 5.5
Kayal 6

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
8.5s all round for me, I really can't pick one player that was better than the others. Izquierdo, Ryan, Gross, Propper & Schelotto all looking like truly inspired signings now they've had the time to settle in. The recruitment team deserve a big bonus.

No passengers at all today, everyone was 100% in it and that was the difference between us and them. Very proud of the performance and result.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Ryan 9
Schelotto 8
Duffy 8
Dunk 9
Bong 9
Stephens 8
Propper 8
Knockaert 8
Izquierdo 10
Gross 9
Murray 9

Subs:
Bruno 6
Kayal 7
March 6

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
I wasn't there today and couldn't watch unfortunately but I wish I could, first half seemed good by all accounts but how was the second?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Ryan 8
Schelotto 8
Bong 8
Dunk 9
Duffy 9
Knockaert 8
Propper 8
Stephens 8
Izquierdo 8
Gross 8
Murray 9

Bruno 6
March 6
Kayal 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
Ryan 7.5
Schelotto 8
Duffy 7.5
Dunk 8
Bong 7.5
Knockaert 8
Stephens 7
Pröpper 8.5 MoM
Izquierdo 8
Gross 8
Murray 7.5

Pröpper my MoM by a whisker. A fantastic team performance !!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hey [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION], this week we might have to wait a full 5 days before some suggests dropping Groß.

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
High marks all round. Disappointed to see people giving Knockaert 7’s. He worked his nuts off all over the park. 9 for me despite not being as obvious going forward.

Agree - hugely important and put a shift in today. Hardest working winger I’ve seen in the stripes and gutted to have been taken off. What more to love?!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Agree - hugely important and put a shift in today. Hardest working winger I’ve seen in the stripes and gutted to have been taken off. What more to love?!

For all his passionate strops and frustration at not always being supported to run the game single handedly, I thought he showed a great deal of defensive discipline today. None of his silly diving in, no rushing off to attack when the attack wasn't on, etc. Unfortunately, because he's not usually there for his defensive duties, when he puts that defensive shift in, it gets overlooked.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Pretty good set of numbers there, would agree. Brilliant from CH to chuck March on to support Bruno down that side, and March did a good job, and as you say he’d done his homework on Arsenal’s weaknesses.

Murray has been a revelation the last few games. Couldn’t believe how much he was running even deep into injury time, and very clever winning of the foul at the death.

What a day. Must be the fewest early leavers ever too, so hopefully we won’t even get a thread about that.
I'm tempted to start a thread demanding to know WHY they didn't leave early! I'm not used to people around me in ESL at full time :rant:

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
They all got 10

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
From central WSU

Ryan 8 - brilliant stop from Ozil, wish he would not take free kicks and leave goal gaping, some of his kicking was not to standard. has delivered when he had too.
Schelotto 8 - has a strange awkward style but wow when he motors forward he is awesome. Probably our second best winger at the moment.
Bong 8 - I am not a Bong hater but previously would have preferred Sutner but thought Bong has played very well recently and had a great game today and that stop in our 18 yard in first half was brilliant...if only he could cross the ball.
Dunk 9 - immense and key to our survival to me the one player we must hold onto. Glad to see him score in such an emphatic way, should have had the header as well
Duffy 8.5 great with his heading and the layoff.
Knockaert 8 worked really hard in defence but its not coming off for him going forward that said much better than he was mid season. Had a strop about coming off well would you want him to be happy???
Propper 8 - works hard but can't tackle. Won a lot of headers and is everywhere. At times Arsenal and in particular Wiltshire easily carved his way though our midfield
Stephens 8 - never a booking and I am glad it did not put him off for rest of the game. Had two clear shooting chances and spurned them.
Izquierdo 9 turning out into an excellent player buy. A bit selfish and needs to work on that but i would still want him to shoot occasionally we know what he can do. Some good defensive work as well including that tackle(?) just on the side of our 18td box
Gross 8 - covered the ground well, brilliant cross for Murray and that lovely back heel to AK. Another who finds it hard to tackle
Murray 9.5 MOTM really worked so hard , Arsenal defence really could not deal with him. Lovely header and unlucky with a second one. All over the pitch, if Shearer is on tonight he will be eulogising over that

Bruno 7 did well even though it was clear they started to target his side more
March 6 needs to up his game
Kayal 6 did not have a lot of time

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Ryan 9
Schelotto 8
Duffy 8
Dunk 9
Bong 9
Stephens 8
Propper 8
Knockaert 8
Izquierdo 10
Gross 9
Murray 9

Subs:
Bruno 6
Kayal 7
March 6

I would give Jose a 7. Many better out there today. His decision making is what stops him being a top player. That shot wide in the second half was a great example. An easy pass available to two players who were better placed than him. Would have been game over, coasting, rather than that edgy finish

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Ryan - Too short
Schelotto - Too hairy
Duffy - Too Irish
Dunk - Too local.
Bong - Too good.
Stephens - Too Northern
Propper - Too Dutch
Knockaert - Too passionate
Izquierdo - Too flair
Gross - Too German
Murray - Too old

Chris Hughton - 11/10 for forming such a disparate bunch of no-hopers and prima donnas in to a team capable of beating the Arsenal.

Note lack of marks to ensure this isn't taken too seriously on this, a very proud day for a Brighton fan

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ryan - Too short
Schelotto - Too hairy
Duffy - Too Irish
Dunk - Too local.
Bong - Too good.
Stephens - Too Northern
Propper - Too Dutch
Knockaert - Too passionate
Izquierdo - Too flair
Gross - Too German
Murray - Too old

Chris Hughton - 11/10 for forming such a disparate bunch of no-hopers and prima donnas in to a team capable of beating the Arsenal.

Note lack of marks to ensure this isn't taken too seriously on this, a very proud day for a Brighton fan

Brilliant [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here