Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 15 minute delay

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Good grief, well done again Southern Failway

Rail delays caused by Network Rail (planned closure of Worthing - Brighton line for maintenance) and fatal crash on the alternative route via Horsham. Not Southern's fault either.......................

Not to say Southern Rail aren't a bit rubbish, but it's not down to them today.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Rail delays caused by Network Rail (planned closure of Worthing - Brighton line for maintenance) and fatal crash on the alternative route via Horsham. Not Southern's fault either.......................

Makes a change I guess.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

So what was with the crap service with numerous cancellations going east then both getting to the game and home again

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So what was with the crap service with numerous cancellations going east then both getting to the game and home again

No idea. Nothing to do with me. I was commenting on the specific problems that lead to the kick-off being delayed by 15 minutes today. And just today. How many times has that happened this season, that might justify you taking comments regarding one specific occasion to be comments on the general state of affairs? Ah, yes. I thought not.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Ah but it pretty much was. A train was due to leave Brighton for Falmer at about 1:25. They filled it up, it moved off about ten feet, then ground to a halt. At which point a guard came striding up the train shouting at everybody to get off because the train was on fire. So a few hundred people shuffled back off the train, and were then told to move back away to another platform because of the "fire".

I saw no smoke or flames, so assumed it was probably some sort of warning light in the cab rather than an actual fire. Either way, that train remained stuck on platform 7 (?) for ages, blocking it off for incoming shuttle services to Falmer and beyond, so they all had to be sent in via platform 8. This was the reason for the backlog at Brighton, and I think the prime reason for the delay in getting people to the Amex.

So, in the sense that it was down to another crappy broken down train, I'm going to say Southern have some responsibility here :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here