Posh Spice is a slapper,
She humps with great elan,
And when she's shaggin' Beckham,
She thinks of Ali Jan

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Biggest AZ transfer since Vincent jannsen. Brilliant, he was such a player ..... Why do we keep going for Dutch league crap.

Ps I really hope I'm wrong about this player. Sincerely

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Why do you keep going on about all the crap Dutch footballers?

It's ok we get it.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Biggest AZ transfer since Vincent jannsen. Brilliant, he was such a player ..... Why do we keep going for Dutch league crap.

Ps I really hope I'm wrong about this player. Sincerely

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

He's not even signed yet and you are moaning already.

Propper did really well for us last season. Locadia still deserves a chance to prove himself. Just because it didn't work out for Janssen at Spurs doesn't mean it won't work out for Jahanbaksh here, if he signs.

Surely our recruitment team have done enough over the last few years to convince even the negative people on here that they know what they are doing

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He's not even signed yet and you are moaning already.

Propper did really well for us last season. Locadia still deserves a chance to prove himself. Just because it didn't work out for Janssen at Spurs doesn't mean it won't work out for Jahanbaksh here, if he signs.

Surely our recruitment team have done enough over the last few years to convince even the negative people on here that they know what they are doing

Maddening isn't it, he's REPEATEDLY calling a collective group of people crap, does that ring any bells with anyone?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Maddening isn't it, he's REPEATEDLY calling a collective group of people crap, does that ring any bells with anyone?

Exactly. Jahanbaksh was top scorer in the Dutch league and level third in assists despite playing on the wing and not playing for one of the historically big Dutch teams like PSV or Ajax. If he signs, we are not getting any random player from the Dutch league, we'd be getting one of the best judging by those stats. I would be delighted if it comes off.

No doubt, if he signs, after two games some people will write him off (worst signing ever) and then they will go very quiet as he improves rapidly, never admitting their mistake.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
This could be a very exciting signing. One issue may be competition for Knockaert place in the team. After an average season Knocky was on fire in the last few games. Would this signing result in earlier substitutions and healthy competition or perhaps a sulking Knockaert? I’m also really curious about how we will successfully incorporate Locadia and Andone?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
More importantly for Warren, the Dutch commentator seems to go with Yah-harn-boxsch. So Yahtzee Hand Box is my Warrenism guess.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Exactly. Jahanbaksh was top scorer in the Dutch league and level third in assists despite playing on the wing and not playing for one of the historically big Dutch teams like PSV or Ajax. If he signs, we are not getting any random player from the Dutch league, we'd be getting one of the best judging by those stats. I would be delighted if it comes off.

No doubt, if he signs, after two games some people will write him off (worst signing ever) and then they will go very quiet as he improves rapidly, never admitting their mistake.

Not sure he played all his games as a winger according to these stats

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/133390/Show/Alireza-Jahanbakhsh

albionite

May 20, 2009
This could be a very exciting signing. One issue may be competition for Knockaert place in the team. After an average season Knocky was on fire in the last few games. Would this signing result in earlier substitutions and healthy competition or perhaps a sulking Knockaert? I’m also really curious about how we will successfully incorporate Locadia and Andone?
Nice headache to have for CH as long as they are all on form

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If he signs, we are not getting any random player from the Dutch league, we'd be getting one of the best judging by those stats.

And we know that our world class recruitment team pay a lot of attention to stats. That’s how they signed Groß for £3m and if Richarlison is worth £50m, we’d be foolish to take a penny less if a big club comes-a-poaching for one of the Premier League’s leading assist makers.

Let’s hope the shirt pic comes soon!

eastterracemike

Jan 31, 2008

This is the key to the whole season. Should be a thread in its own right. A real test for Hughtons managerial skills- how to integrate all 7 new signings into a group that was sustained successfully last season through team spirit as well as skill,luck and hard work. I fear that any one big ego coukd throw a spanner in the works big time.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
This is the key to the whole season. Should be a thread in its own right. A real test for Hughtons managerial skills- how to integrate all 7 new signings into a group that was sustained successfully last season through team spirit as well as skill,luck and hard work. I fear that any one big ego coukd throw a spanner in the works big time.

We had that issue last season too. We bought 7/8 new players after the amazing spirit we had in the Championship when promoted. That worked out well. And Hughton and Winstanley are not likely to sign players who will impact the team spirit. They will sign players who fit in.

As for Knockaert, if he doesn't react by fighting even harder for his place in the team, then he shouldn't be here. What we will have this season is real competition in almost every position, whereas last season some players were guaranteed to start every game if fit.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
So the majority of his games were as a right sided forward. Locadia played on the left of a front three(I think...). Are we gearing up for a proper 4-3-3 (at least occasionally) this season?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So the majority of his games were as a right sided forward. Locadia played on the left of a front three(I think...). Are we gearing up for a proper 4-3-3 (at least occasionally) this season?

As this squad is taking shape I can see us putting up more of a fight after going a goal down, esp away from home.
Which is nice.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
We had that issue last season too. We bought 7/8 new players after the amazing spirit we had in the Championship when promoted. That worked out well. And Hughton and Winstanley are not likely to sign players who will impact the team spirit. They will sign players who fit in.

As for Knockaert, if he doesn't react by fighting even harder for his place in the team, then he shouldn't be here. What we will have this season is real competition in almost every position, whereas last season some players were guaranteed to start every game if fit.

I asked an Iranian who claims to know loads about him, on Twitter, about his attitude and fitting in with our kind of club mentality/team spirit. He said that he is really grounded and level headed and would be a great fit.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here