Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Roy Keane the pundit.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Not really watched much of ITV football on the World Cup but Keane seems IMHO says what he thinks like it or not. An Irishman yes with an axe to grind maybe but has he really been that far wrong on where England have failed on the pitch ?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Not really watched much of ITV football on the World Cup but Keane seems IMHO says what he thinks like it or not. An Irishman yes with an axe to grind maybe but has he really been that far wrong on where England have failed on the pitch ?

Hmmmm

We've conceded more than we've scored? Ye I'm a super pundit :moo:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Why can't ITV, get rid of their four man gloom team, and replace them with pundits who have something different to say IMO.
As well as Roy Keane, Lee Dixon, Ian Wright and Gary Neville all smacked of doom and gloom.
They're old hat and should be put out to grass.
As for Mark Pougatch, he's hopeless.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Why can't ITV, get rid of their four man gloom team, and replace them with pundits who have something different to say IMO.
As well as Roy Keane, Lee Dixon, Ian Wright and Gary Neville all smacked of doom and gloom.

I like Neville and find his analysis spot on most of the time. Agree, the rest are hopeless.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
He's an idiot. All he talks about is winning. We are Brighton fans and it's not all about winning or we would be Man U fans. He's a dick and doesn't get it. There is more to being a football fan than winning ****!

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
You're all making excuses for England's two latest defeats

Personally, I don't get the hysteria of a wonderful World Cup, when the opportunity to play in the final presented it self against a nation of 4 million people, who had scraped through on penalties against the might of Denmark and Russia (football) and who were supposed to be tired when dominating England after half time.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Spot on about Dixon and Keane. Two drab individuals, they drag people down.

Wright - I like him. Patriotic about our country and does a brilliant 5Live show with Kelly Cates (where he's completely fair and not biased towards Arsenal and Palace).

G.Neville - is brilliant on Sky Sports. The cheapskate ITV format of an overly panel, didn't give his expertise the time it deserved.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Spot on about Dixon and Keane. Two drab individuals, they drag people down.

Wright - I like him. Patriotic about our country and does a brilliant 5Live show with Kelly Cates (where he's completely fair and not biased towards Arsenal and Palace).

G.Neville - is brilliant on Sky Sports. The cheapskate ITV format of an overly panel, didn't give his expertise the time it deserved.

I just think ITV should do what Gareth Southgate did with his England squad, rejuvenation :thumbsup:

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek

Personally, I don't get the hysteria of a wonderful World Cup, when the opportunity to play in the final presented it self against a nation of 4 million people, who had scraped through on penalties against the might of Denmark and Russia (football) and who were supposed to be tired when dominating England after half time.

Don't expect that to asked in the MSM.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

Spot on. We lost all three games against quality teams (twice to Belgium), laboured against a very pedestrian Tunisia... Yes we did hammer a not far off league 2 standard Panama... emerged victorious against a team in Colombia who bizarrely decided to try to kick us off the park instead of play us?!? When they are technically better players... very odd. Laboured again versus a team who needed a play off to even make the tournament...

Yeah we’re more #together and better for that, but let’s be brutally honest miles off being actual ‘world beaters.’ We’re about as good as the Dutch, Denmark, the Swiss et al not bad but not great either. Sure we could win something, but I wouldn’t bet on it... a large slice of luck pie, with lashings of fortune cookie custard and (heck) we might bring home a trophy...

As predicted; there’s been way too many ‘hyperboles’ of Weetabix served up post exit. Way too much. This was a genuine chance to progress through one the easiest halves of a World Cup draw ever, and could we make the final? Could we... hmmmm

Oh well, hey ho and all that.

Last edited:

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful

perhaps they reported what they saw, which in truth was pretty poor.much of the media tried to turn defeat inti victory,. We lost against against two two PL teams, beat two Championship side and two league two teams, nothing to write home about at all. WE live in a world with no losers, its all spin, our world cup was remarkably mediocre.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here