Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] So what was the point in signing the Colombian bloke?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
He's like a Kazenga but much, much better. No disrespect intended to KLL, he's a decent player alright but Jose is the mutt's nuts.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I still think he's easy for defenders, just mark him off his right shoulder. But that goal was a thing of footballing beauty.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
In the absence of a Colombian bottled lager readily available in a supermarket such as Tesco, coupled with the lack of a Colombian wine industry initiating the purchase of a bottle of Colombian red in M&S, I've settled on falling in love with Jose Izqueirodo instead of cocaine. He's frankly marvellous. I haven't felt like this since Junior McDougald.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Was it just me, but thought that GM was (initially) a bit grumpy that Jose didn't pass to him (just after he had scored)

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015
Ever played? If the player has time and space, fine, you'll lose him, but if the player is on the ball and you are near him you keep him left sided, get it?

Ever been a Premier League manager? It's not as simple as "just mark him off his right shoulder", is it? Do you honestly think a manager / back room staff / coaches wouldn't of thought of that?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
BBC stats showed Jose put in the fastest sprint of anyone on the pitch.....33.1kph. Bolt’s WR (accepting its a longer distance) averages at 37.5kph.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Ever been a Premier League manager? It's not as simple as "just mark him off his right shoulder", is it? Do you honestly think a manager / back room staff / coaches wouldn't of thought of that?

Oh good God, ok.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
This is rapidly becoming like the infamous Hemed thread from last season. Too many are too quick to write players off; it takes some a lot longer to adjust than others.

If JI's worldly effort that Butland punched for a corner had gone in, PSG would probably be knocking...

Not at all. At the tine, hewten wasn't playing him and it appeared that he didn't know where he was supposed to be playing and was getting 10 minutes at the end of the game......now he has a run in the side and is looking like the player we were told he was going to be.

I am very pleased for the lad and lets hope this continues.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here