Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Drum Monday!

Boro5707

Dec 21, 2015
Cheers for the kind words.

I would imagine drum or no drum it's hard to whip up an atmosphere at your place on a normal match day as there is often no one there!!

If you minus the away fans that visited both clubs, we averaged 650 less fans per game than you at home this season. Given that our away average is over 1000 more than yours. More Boro fans went to Boro games than brighton fans have been to brighton games this season. If there is no one at our ground to whip up support, The 650 extra brighton fans per game is hardly blowing our figures out of the water, is it. The riverside has been bouncing all season.

Don't worry it will be a packed riverside again next season after a low point and 7 long years out of the top flight, looking forward to our 61st season amongst the country's elite.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
If people aren't too precious, give it a chance and help rather than moan 'it's not like the great old days at Withdean' then we might be able to emulate the intimidating and coordinated atmosphere that hit us at 'Boro.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
If you minus the away fans that visited both clubs, we averaged 650 less fans per game than you at home this season. Given that our away average is over 1000 more than yours. More Boro fans went to Boro games than brighton fans have been to brighton games this season. If there is no one at our ground to whip up support, The 650 extra brighton fans per game is hardly blowing our figures out of the water, is it. The riverside has been bouncing all season.

Don't worry it will be a packed riverside again next season after a low point and 7 long years out of the top flight, looking forward to our 61st season amongst the country's elite.

Quite quick to change your tune based on one poster aren't you?

I'll just add if we had spent in excess of 35m and were odds on favourites for promotion from the start of the season, we'd probably have significant bumper support aswell. Christ we were just on the back of near relegation and some of us were expecting a tough season, and we still get the support.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen

Did you really spend your time working that out?

Boro5707

Dec 21, 2015
Quite quick to change your tune based on one poster aren't you?

I'll just add if we had spent in excess of 35m and were odds on favourites for promotion from the start of the season, we'd probably have significant bumper support aswell. Christ we were just on the back of near relegation and some of us were expecting a tough season, and we still get the support.

I was quick to defend my club. My original post was reasonable and wished you lot good luck tonight.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was quick to defend my club. My original post was reasonable and wished you lot good luck tonight.

Your ground has been empty for years. I know it, from my prior visits, and you know it.

Pleased for you that the locals are coming out to see the Premier League come to town though. Enjoy.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

All I can say is that you made a right racket nine days ago. It's over to us to see whether we can emulate it.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Just been confirmed by a mate that his disabled father has been asked to move as well. So a effing drum is more important than a life long disabled supporter. Barber sort it out, totally disgusting behaviour, forget that me and loads others don't want a drummer, this is totally bad behaviour by the club to keep a few snotty nosed kids happy. Disgusted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So because you and "loads of others" don't want a drum we shouldn't have one ?
What about me and "loads of others" that want to give it a try ?
That's the problem with Albion fans there's far too many stuck in their ways.
Embrace change and try not to be so selfish, and it sounds like your mate will have been asked if he wanted to move due to the drum, rather than being forced out.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Well I take my HIGH hat off to you for letting us know, BEATS me if people will see it in time mind..

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
So because you and "loads of others" don't want a drum we shouldn't have one ?
What about me and "loads of others" that want to give it a try ?
That's the problem with Albion fans there's far too many stuck in their ways.
Embrace change and try not to be so selfish, and it sounds like your mate will have been asked if he wanted to move due to the drum, rather than being forced out.

This is a good point. I don't want a drum personally, but I'm also willing to accept that many others do. This isn't just a NSC problem though, it's one of the Internet (and humanity I suppose) as a whole.

I did start to waver after Boro on the drum issue though, like many on here. However, using the game to judge the effectiveness seems senseless, given the circumstances.

Attachments

• 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 298

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here