Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man of the Match v Barnsley

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I was in the south stand today, bang in line with the ball as it went in. As you say stunning.

I also had a wonderful view of AK's first half wizardry. A great day out.

I seat in WSU, pretty much in line with the goal line at the south end. Reminds me of BZ's and Hemed's swift breakaway goals from last season.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Knockhart should have been MOM second place is a more difficult call as I could not split the performances of Murry, Stephens, Hemed, Dunk or Duffy while Stockdale gets a mention for one great save when he had little else to do which takes some concentration

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Should have been Bong today! He was much better , hardly put a foot wrong and looked more confident . Oh and he started our counter attack for our first goal with a precision pass to Knocky 😄

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Should have been Bong today! He was much better , hardly put a foot wrong and looked more confident . Oh and he started our counter attack for our first goal with a precision pass to Knocky ��

Only to get himself booked and miss the next game

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
This. Knocky was predictably excellent - **** knows how opposing managers brief their full backs ('pop in lad, we're going to go through a few clips of that Knockaert so you know how to deal with him on Saturday..........') but their defence was pretty crap (several times Murray or Hemed simply weren't tracked). Duffy is quickly coming up the Albion curve and he is absolutely immense in the air. I don't think he lost a header today. Him and Dunk together are almost impenetrable.

Great thread though - a discussion about whether it's one of maybe 5 players (CB, FB, winger, a midfielder and a striker) is a happy place to be. Bong was much better today too. Pretty sure that pass out that kicked off the first goal was deliberate.
It was a top pass from Bong and he is starting to prove that old cliché 'form is temporary, class is permanent. He wasn't without mistake today, but then I thought Dale was a bit hot and cold with a few errors and misplaced passes along the way.

To chuck another name into the mix (although not for MotM) I thought Skalak was good today.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Whole team played well, with Knocky and Murray a cut above.

People saying Murray should've scored 4 are really undervaluing the good he did do. He's the one getting in those goal scoring positions time and time and time again.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
I was at the Camp Nou on Wednesday night watching MSN. Knocky's performance was much more memorable.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Whole team played well, with Knocky and Murray a cut above.

People saying Murray should've scored 4 are really undervaluing the good he did do. He's the one getting in those goal scoring positions time and time and time again.

He also blocked a shot by Skalak, but that's just being picky.

el punal

Not worth a mention in a thread about MOM though, Shirley? Not when Dunk put him in the shade by winning countless balls all game. Another easy game for the defence thanks to a lack of ambition from Barnsley and the quality of Stephens & partner in midfield.

Knockaert for MOM by a distance, followed by Stephens and Murray for me.

It's a lovely feeling that on a glorious, sunny Sunday morning you can look back on such a convincing Albion victory. It was probably the first time time this season that the whole team clicked. Further proof, as well, that so many players could have been made MoM.

In my opinion, it definitely should have gone to Monsieur Knockaert. So many other players could have been in the running - Stephens, Dunk, Bruno, Murray. And special mention to Bong, who at long last has regained his confidence and played his best game for ages.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Knocky by a country mile. What a performance.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
He was simply sublime today. THAT bit of skill that got a standing ovation was utterly magical. He is fast becoming one of my favourite albion players of all time. Magician, genius, he is worth the admission price alone.

On player, at half time, WA said the bookies had stopped taking bets on MoM as Knockaert had already done enough.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Two people said that to me at the game yesterday. Why not? If somebody's the best player every week, why shouldn't they get the award every week? Pour encourager les autres, and all that.

I agree with you. Knockaert was by far the best player on the pitch, and it devalues the award if a performance like that is not recognised.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here