Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Disappointing. Overrun in midfield for most of the game. Kept conceding possession and Bong had a nightmare conceding a penalty that wasn't given!!!! Got a bit lucky there.

As for Reading, very poor club. Didn't seem to go through the Albion lineup on the big screen and didn't show replays of our goals. Also, in the programme, had a picture of Ingirmarsson rather than Rosenior!!!!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Disappointing. Overrun in midfield for most of the game. Kept conceding possession and Bong had a nightmare conceding a penalty that wasn't given!!!! Got a bit lucky there.

As for Reading, very poor club. Didn't seem to go through the Albion lineup on the big screen and didn't show replays of our goals. Also, in the programme, had a picture of Ingirmarsson rather than Rosenior!!!!

It sounded like we were overrun in midfield. Kayal is another player refusing to sign a new contract. Is he 100% committed?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
My view on Kayal is that he is fully committed. What do you think ?

I didn't go and so i have no idea how he played. Not good by the sound of it. Didn't he get subbed also in one game?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Committed? There are professional players (in the true sense) and also unprofessional players (mercenaries perhaps/selfish maybe) that ply their trade. Add to that the uneducated brain dead but brilliant with ball player and you have to ask which is Kayal or indeed Dale?

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
A bad day at the office. Hughton got it wrong to be honest, but it was one of those where a point felt like a win. Reading will be thoroughly disappointed not to have got 3 points, and we'll be happy with the one, considering they absolutely bossed 80% of the game.

If we play that poorly against Newcastle, we will get a very unpleasant pasting.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Just got home. Hearing Stephens wasn't in the squad put an immediate dampener on the game, possibly why the fans were a bit quiet today (plus lots of families in attendance). Contrary to what I've read in the thread Knockaert played well today again, bundles of skill and energy and a constant menace to Reading. Kayal was committed and chasing everything down. Unfortunately Sidwell and Norwood aren't Stephens, and if he is off we'll need more legs in centre midfield. I'm not sure what the Reading fans problem with Rosenior is, but to see them cheering a nasty looking injury showed them up as the classless tinpot wankers that they are.

Anyway we weren't very good today, possibly because Reading played well, but we still came away with a point. I hope LR is ok and that Stephens absence isn't the signal for his departure because we'll miss him a lot.

Newcastle next then.

theroyal

May 11, 2014
I'm not sure what the Reading fans problem with Rosenior is, but to see them cheering a nasty looking injury showed them up as the classless tinpot wankers that they are.

I don't really care about him, but it's due to some rather bitter comments he made in the media when he left.

Cheering an injury is indeed classless. Kermorgant's tackle was atrocious, there's a few comments over on HNA about it.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
For the record, I don't really care about him, but it's due to some rather bitter comments he made in the media when he left.

Question for yourself-where do you sit? Because frankly I very rarely see such rampant homophobic, mindless, hoodie-wearing tossers than those sitting is the tiny triangle corner to the right of the away fans. Essentially doing what palace have done, filling one tiny area full of ****s to try and simulate an atmosphere. Filling the space next to away fans does not make the ground full, that's not how it works. I'd be pretty embarrassed if I were you, not only were most over there constantly staring and gesturing at the away fans (Most were not even watching the game), but 'fans' in that area started fighting amongst themselves. One 13 year old boy tried to tell me he wanted me outside :lolol:
14,000 odd Saturday 3:00pm is awful, but even despite this why try to incite hostility and anti-social behaviour by seating people like this a)together and b)next to away fans.
Care to defend or condemn?

theroyal

May 11, 2014
Question for yourself-where do you sit? Because frankly I very rarely see such rampant homophobic, mindless, hoodie-wearing tossers than those sitting is the tiny triangle corner to the right of the away fans. Essentially doing what palace have done, filling one tiny area full of ****s to try and simulate an atmosphere. Filling the space next to away fans does not make the ground full, that's not how it works. I'd be pretty embarrassed if I were you, not only were most over there constantly staring and gesturing at the away fans (Most were not even watching the game), but 'fans' in that area started fighting amongst themselves. One 13 year old boy tried to tell me he wanted me outside :lolol:
14,000 odd Saturday 3:00pm is awful, but even despite this why try to incite hostility and anti-social behaviour by seating people like this a)together and b)next to away fans.
Care to defend or condemn?

Condemn, of course. You do know, the club can't tell people where to buy their tickets? We have our fair share of spotty mouth-breathing Stone Island helmets, but then, so does every club. There's a fantastic video of Bristol City fans at our place last season which is a good example! I think it's important not to tar every Reading fan with the homophobic brush just because of a few 13 year olds. I didn't see the in-fighting as I am seated a bit further down the stand but I'd wager it's a few sensible Reading fans trying to get them to shut up.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Condemn, of course. You do know, the club can't tell people where to buy their tickets? We have our fair share of spotty mouth-breathing Stone Island helmets, but then, so does every club. There's a fantastic video of Bristol City fans at our place last season which is a good example! I think it's important not to tar every Reading fan with the homophobic brush just because of a few 13 year olds. I didn't see the in-fighting as I am seated a bit further down the stand but I'd wager it's a few sensible Reading fans trying to get them to shut up.

Correct of course. My suspicion was the club may have billed said corner as the "singing section" translating to "where you sit if you're not interested in the football and merely want to incite violence", because of how rife it seemed. But yes I see your point re It's not everyone.

theroyal

May 11, 2014
No, the only thing the club have done in that regard is a "Family Area" over in the North Stand. Those kind of kids seem to have latched onto the fact the more vocal support tends to congregate there, many of us have noticed it recently. As I said, I think that's what the in-fighting was about, can only apologise for them.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
No, the only thing the club have done in that regard is a "Family Area" over in the North Stand. Those kind of kids seem to have latched onto the fact the more vocal support tends to congregate there, many of us have noticed it recently. As I said, I think that's what the in-fighting was about, can only apologise for them.
Now I don't mind a lively home section next to the away fans, it does help to generate a bit of atmosphere and drama to the occasion. The homophobic stuff is old hat as far as we're concerned, but it may get your supporters into trouble (the same way as throwing bananas at black players would have done 20 years ago).

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Correct of course. My suspicion was the club may have billed said corner as the "singing section" translating to "where you sit if you're not interested in the football and merely want to incite violence", because of how rife it seemed. But yes I see your point re It's not everyone.

Any room for such an area at the Amex?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here