Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should kids get fast tracked trains from falmer?

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
just think of the bigger picture its not all about you:tantrum:

By "I" I mean all the people who don't have families. If there was actually a way to enforce families first (which'd be a good name to market any changes, although would be open to "What about Fans First?" responses) then it may be alright, but there simply isn't. It's just impractical.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Just for evening games should children/women get first option on the trains immediately after kick off? It might stop the mass evacuation from 85 minutes! The departure from the amex was pretty painful last night,youngsters don't want to hang about in a draughty concourse or use puke covered urinals,first two trains each way should be reserved for kids and adult with kids,might see a few more fans getting dragged along by the adults?

At least the opposition were not there to see the exodus, as they had already done one.

There will be some kids coming from not so far that will get home at a reasonable time, and adults trying to get back to London who already struggle to make it in good time, if you say he first train after the whistle is for kids, all those adults needing to get away fast will then have to leave early.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No way. Parents choice to bring kids to evening games. Parents have the option to leave the ground early with their kids if they want.

This. Whether my lad attends depends on state of schoolwork at the time and other stuff he's got on. Our choice, we know an evening game means a 10.45/11pm home time. Stewarding the ramps would be a nightmare if this was allowed I reckon. I genuinely think the rail transport is pretty good most of the time, so let's not try to fix a problem that doesn't really exist IMHO

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
As someone who brings a 10yo to games... Nice idea. As a realist... It would never work!

Special Parent/Child Coaches... A shuttle bus to Brighton Station for parents with children... just about viable. Trying to organise the train queue to split Parents with Children from Adults, Away Fans, Parents Without Children (common for an evening KO), Children who have lost their Parent, Teenagers without Parents, etc etc.?!? Not a chance.

They couldn't even manage the 3 lines over the bridge last night... Man stood on Railings shouting at people to get in the "Right Lane for the Lewes/Eastbourne Train". I'm sure he meant Right as in Correct, but the Lewes/Eastbourne line was on the left not the right! Everyone just looked at him like he was a moron and those of us in the Brighton queue just laughed.

killtwist

Jan 24, 2010
As a parent with an under 10 I would never think there is anything they could do if I wanted to get home quicker and get him to bed then I would just not bother going has never done him any harm when I have taken him to a late kick off but mostly I leave him at home for the evening games. If parents want to take there children to late games then they just need to bit the bullet as they will be home late.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Just for evening games should children/women get first option on the trains immediately after kick off? It might stop the mass evacuation from 85 minutes! The departure from the amex was pretty painful last night,youngsters don't want to hang about in a draughty concourse or use puke covered urinals,first two trains each way should be reserved for kids and adult with kids,might see a few more fans getting dragged along by the adults?

Did u miss Wards goal? ???

killtwist

Jan 24, 2010
I didn't take my son last night so I could stay till the final whistle, if I do take him I still won't leave early he just has a rather late one, is normally when he doesn't have school the next day.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Surely Southern's own first class ticket holders should get highest priority if you are introducing priority schemes ???

Yes, it should be like boarding a plane. "First class ticket holders can board at their leisure"

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Parents and their kids get enough special dispensation these days. Make them wait, they're not precious and it's not the Titanic.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR

Brilliant idea. If all the early leavers start filing out a few minutes after kick off, that will sort the problem of the '80th minute fire drill' and the queues at the station will be much shorter for everyone else.

Why didn't anyone at the club think of that? Barber out NOW. :rant:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I dont think we'll ever geta happy medium with the early leavers.
What DOES annoy me though, are the people who left on 38 minutes to 'beat the food / toilet queues' and dont get back til the 53rd minute.
How long do these people need for half time, as 30 minutes seems about the average for some in my block. Weirdos.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
You can all go home before me, I dont care and im sure the few hundred who leave around the same time with me agree, a slow pint after the game, discuss whats gone on and how fit that bird is in the WSU and then stroll down to the train queue.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

When you posted this did you have a pair of pants on your head, pencils up your nose and were saying "wibble"?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here