Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Allardyce talks Hoofball (brighton reference)

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Perfect. All set up for us to OUTCLASS them in the Playoff final now. Can't wait.

"Let's see him in 20 years"?! Hahaaa. That's up there with his comments about managing Real Madrid. He really is one of the biggest wankers in football.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
You have to admire his balls really.

For someone who is so universally derided in footballing circles, he's got some front.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
SA: ‘We didn’t hoof it. We sat in and played on the break, won 1-0, did them tactically.
The truth.

So when Gus Poyet criticises us, he’s done well. Fabulous. Let’s see him in 20 years.’
Twat.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They DID do us, can't argue with that. What did we have, one great shot by Noone at the end of the 1st half? Other than that did their keeper even have to make a save?

We regularly sit on 1-0s so can hardly complain when it happens to us

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
f*** Sam Allardyce. The only thing i enjoy about him is his twitter page and it's not even him.

The Albion to do West Ham at Wembley on May the 19th. That would be epic.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
He's not wrong though, they did tactically beat us.

Plus his team is higher paid and cost a fuckload more to put together.

But he is right.

Am I wrong in thinking that Bridcutt slipped allowing the ball through to Nolan or was that another game. If I'm right that's hardly "doing" us tactically, that's more like a big slice of luck.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Am I wrong in thinking that Bridcutt slipped allowing the ball through to Nolan or was that another game. If I'm roght that's hardly "doing" us tactically, that's more like a big slice of luck./

Yep but then they sat back and we were clueless how to break them down. We sitback on similar scores, Forest most recently?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yep but then they sat back and we were clueless how to break them down. We sitback on similar scores, Forest most recently?

Yeah but if it wasn't for an UNFORCED error by one of our players, it would've been a 0-0 draw that we dominated.

Hardly "doing us tactically", is it? Pretty pathetic infact for a team of their stature.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm not sure about the tactically !doing us', it wasn't exactly tactically superior to bury 11 men behind the ball after getting a somewhat lucky goal (error by bridcutt leaving harper out of position), it then became about whether the our players could break them down. Not exactly tactical oneupmanship. But my issue with that comment is more that elsewhere in the article he bemoans the teams that come to west ham and try to stifle the game, which is exactly what he did at brighton.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Pretty pleased with how the team has developed and improved since that game at the Amex. We've come a long way, baby

We "sat back" for the whole of the Forest game and didn't deserve much. Not just after Vokes scored!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Am I wrong in thinking that Bridcutt slipped allowing the ball through to Nolan or was that another game. If I'm right that's hardly "doing" us tactically, that's more like a big slice of luck.
A big slice of luck, that we were always going to serve up to them.

From memory I think that was our worst performance at home, because at no point (not even 20 mins at the start a la Palace) did we show up.

We were immobile, clueless, and headless.

I don't mind losing but not like that.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
The money West Ham have spent - they should get the better of us. They must be the best paid squad in the division. Is Fat Sam making the most of his players ? Clearly not. Is he keeping the supporters happy ? No.

It will be great if they end up in the play-offs.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
They did do us. They were much better, nicked a goal and sat back. But I'm not sure that he has the right to criticise Gus's potential as a manager. In fact I don't remember Gus saying a bad word about West Ham except that they are a 'Premiership Club' and played as such.

Just seems a bit of an unnecessary thing to say to me.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Yeah but if it wasn't for an UNFORCED error by one of our players, it would've been a 0-0 draw that we dominated.

Hardly "doing us tactically", is it? Pretty pathetic infact for a team of their stature.

I thought that we were well beaten on the day personally

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Pretty pleased with how the team has developed and improved since that game at the Amex. We've come a long way, baby
True, very true.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I thought that we were well beaten on the day personally

They were AWFUL going forward. One of the worst sides at the Amex in that respect. EXCELLENT defensively, and that's what you expect from an Allardyce side. My point is, with their players and budget, they should be coming to a ground like ours looking to win 3-0 and playing good football. Not excuse for what Fat Sam's done there.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Allardyce epitomises everything wrong with English football

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here