Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ESU and WSU open for Coventry game

I'm normally in ESU, but purchased mine in NS as soon as they became available. Another way would be to make all season tickets auto purchase for Cup Games, but I don't think that'd go down too well?

Just an observation really, the club has to be run as a business, like all good business you plan for the anticipated need, we're unlikely to sell out for this one so just open the areas you need to.

But opening up the whole ground from the start would have encouraged more to buy tickets, why shouldn't we have had a near sell out for this one?

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Honestly, and I'm normally very supportive of the club, they've made a complete pig's ear of ticketing for this year's cup. I understand how hard it is to predict but they could have made loads more money by selling more tickets to Coventry and now, because they haven't and Coventry fans could potentially buy tickets in the home end, they lose out on income from new fans without a purchase history. I'd say the attendance will be 5-7000 less than it could have been with a bit of foresight.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Thousands of seats available and yet if you live in Brighton and fancy going to Amex for first time you are not allowed to. Madness

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Picked up a seat at the back of E1D which was not available yesterday so am happy with that. Usually in WSU so no stairs to climb.
Also renewed the season ticket and played off the April Tenerife holiday, so an expensive afternoon.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Is the assumption that selling out he home allocation opens up the upper tiers?
Yes.

But does a sellout mean every single seat ?

If they have only 1 left, do they wait for someone who wants to buy a single ?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes.

But does a sellout mean every single seat ?

If they have only 1 left, do they wait for someone who wants to buy a single ?

Still 1500 or so left and not going to go on general sale at all, so can’t see them opening anything upstairs now. Does that mean a crowd of about 22k ?

If so, a shame - could probably have sold out the upper tiers between general sale and giving Coventry more.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Honestly, and I'm normally very supportive of the club, they've made a complete pig's ear of ticketing for this year's cup. I understand how hard it is to predict but they could have made loads more money by selling more tickets to Coventry and now, because they haven't and Coventry fans could potentially buy tickets in the home end, they lose out on income from new fans without a purchase history. I'd say the attendance will be 5-7000 less than it could have been with a bit of foresight.

Exactly and [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] and anyone with half a brain knew it straight away. It's obvious they've naused this one up, you just have to wonder why. I was working with my Coventry supporting client today and he was astonished we didn't have the whole ground open for a Cup 5th Round game. I remember the days when this would have been massive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Is it a Brighton rule that tickets cant go on general sale once away end sold out. I say this as I purchased a ticket for Southampton away game on line in home end day before game. All I had to do was register at no cost with name address and then purchase ticket. My Brighton address didnt even prove a problem.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Is it a Brighton rule that tickets cant go on general sale once away end sold out. I say this as I purchased a ticket for Southampton away game on line in home end day before game. All I had to do was register at no cost with name address and then purchase ticket. My Brighton address didnt even prove a problem.

I'm not sure it's a biggie either way. Anyone who has a purchase history with the Albion can buy a ticket for this one. That's a lot of people.

Whilst I concede it's a shame that first-time fans can not go to this off their own back, it's only excluding those who have never been to a game at the Amex under their own name and who do not know an Albion STH who assist with their purchase. It must be a pretty small group of people.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Seriously, what the **** are they playing at? The game is still 11 days away so it’s obvious they will have to open at least one of the upper tiers. What possible reason is there for the delay? I really don’t get it.

Why does it matter?

Brian Munich

teH lulZ
Jul 7, 2008
Jesus. Given how menstrual some of you are getting about sitting in your own particular part of the stadium to watch a game of football, I can’t imagine how you cope with having a shit in a public bog.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here