Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What is your view on the c4% season ticket price increase?

What is your view on the c4% season ticket price increase?

• Happy, and will renew

Votes: 132 54.5%
  • Unhappy, but will renew

Votes: 100 41.3%
  • Happy, but will not renew for other reasons

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Unhappy and won't renew

Votes: 6 2.5%

• Total voters

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
It isn't. There are U10, U18 and U21 prices in different parts of the ground.

What gets up my nose is that I can only buy an U18 ticket if i'm not a ST holder for a 10 and 7 yr old. It's cost a cool £125 for 2 Adults, 2 Kids and an OAP to watch Swansea.

Anyway, a Zone A ST is £27 a ticket. Plus priority to buy for your mates, Away ticket priority, your own seat next in the position you want it. I'm sure everyone will moan (who doesn't when the price goes up) buts it's an absolute bargain in comparison to the alternative if you go every game.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Not bothered

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It is a pity that the club like loads of other businesses just see racking up prices as the only option.
After all this time at the Amex it would have been nice for someone (Barber?) to have given some thought to the process.
Such as......
1. Only include travel concession in the price if you actually want it and use it. (I don't so why should I have to pay for it?)
2. Look at the tiers. Why one same price for an 8 yo and a 17yo? Reduce the kids prices to encourage parents to bring them.
3. Why not reduce the senior prices to 60+ like some other Clubs? (yes I am 63)

Perhaps the Club can also ask the Caterers to stay within a reasonable increase as well for next season?

3. OAP concessions are based on ability to pay. At 63 you are still working, so can pay more than me, who is on State pension.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Disappointed but will pay it as it is one of my luxuries. IF I was coming to it new it might be a no.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Ooooh I voted in the poll when I shouldn’t have as a non season ticket holder , so the 3% should be 2% 575 apologies

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I would be happy with this increase if we are relegated, as you get four more home games, not so pleased if we stay in the Prem with all it's income. the club receives

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Factor in the greedy basstad bus and train increases and it probably levels out. I was expecting this so no surprises.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Seems like your issues are based on you individually rather than the 20 odd thousand others...

I'm annoyed Barber didn't consider slashing prices on E3E Row D. The commercial impact would have been negligible - don't they think these things through?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Any increase in excess of inflation is irritating. We were already one of the more expensive season tickets in the Premier League. But will renew.

Indeed. There should be no need to increase prices by > inflation if the club is being run properly, especially given the other (far more lucrative) income streams.

I have always been far from happy that the renewal date is always before the end of the season so we have no idea which division we will be playing in next year. Our tickets are already pretty expensive and add 4% for playing in the Championship next year and that is erring pretty close to "taking the piss".

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
But United generally make a profit don't they?
We still have some way to go until we can start thinking about freezing prices, just because we make enough money from TV revenue.

Why? The club should make a profit this season in the Premier League. By all means increase prices if relegation arises, it's not fair to expect TB to subsidise the ungrateful whiners to the same extent as before in the Championship.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Pleased to see this isn't a public poll now that the club are in the habit of taking numbers.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
But United generally make a profit don't they?
We still have some way to go until we can start thinking about freezing prices, just because we make enough money from TV revenue.

And crucially Utd know that they will be in the Prem next season.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Not at all surprised but still disappointed.

Bloom and Barber are hardly going to suddenly come up with some sort of pinko scheme where a tiny part of the TV money is used to make tickets marginally less expensive.

Quite the opposite. Prices will be squeezed ever upwards all the time there is sufficient demand.

The effect on the crowd demographic is depressing and eventually they will realise their mistake. Mourinho commenting on lack of atmosphere at OT this week and the general middle class farce that is a game at The Emirates are only the start...

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Inflation plus probably an increase in travel costs from Southern. Not enough to worry me. The over 65 is interesting when it was over 60 at Withdean and I have enjoyed the benefit ever since. Some other clubs also start at 60. Whether justified or not I do still occupy a full seat!

This - whilst there is a queue for STs I don’t understand the club’s thinking in offering a discount for us oldies. Better to use the money to encourage the younger fans I would have thought.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
I think RPI was about 4% so I can see why they have put prices up. I was hoping there would have been a freeze this year with the extra revenue brought in through TV rights. I have put unhappy but will renew ..... Maybe I'm being cyncial but great timing of this announcement after our win against West Ham.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I like many would prefer no increase, but I also think that an increase was likely, inevitable and to some degree understandable. I expect that the Club's suppliers will have all put their prices up and so I don't see the increase as the Club just taking profit becuase they can. That said, given the Club is run as a business, it would be barmy not to look at how it can increase revenues wherever possible at a time when demand is outstripping supply as far as fans are concerned. I also understand that if the Club is to compete at this level, and I include the Women's team, U23 etc in this, general measures such as inflation across the UK will not reflect the rising costs the Club will have to expect to pay. It's the unpalatable part of the modern game in many respects and so I am not happy but will renew on the basis that I am fortunate enough to still afford to be able to go.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Was up in the air about renewing next season or not due to a change in circumstances, the extra £30 is neither here nor there really and won't influence the decision.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
So could Manchester United, who have frozen ticket prices for six out of the last seven years. They could easily increase prices and sell more tickets to daytrippers and football tourists, but choose not to do so.

Suspect I'm in the minority here but I'd be more willing to pay a higher ST price if the club were relegated. TB should not need to subsidise the Albion in the Premier League due to the broadcast income, but neither should the fanbase be expected to pay more too.

Man U have a totally different agenda to ourselves. Their principal objective is to market themselves globally, as widely as possible. Thats why they limit ST's to 55,000. They want to be able to offer 15,000 to 18,000 tickets on a matchday basis, worldwide and make them attractive enough in price so as not to deter people who are already spending a lot of money on travel.
For them, its an ever increasing quest to enlarge the fanbase and give as many as possible the chance to make a visit to Old Trafford. Every new visitor to OT means more memorabilia sold and means the message is spread wider and wider. Gate receipts, although healthy, a just a minor part of a much bigger picture.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here