Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Otto Warmbier dies

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
A forced regime change would be nigh on impossible as the population believe they are living in utopia and that nobody else in the world has it as good as them.
I'm not convinced about this - why would they keep trying to escape?

Last edited:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Scary and horrific to think about what they must have done to him during his imprisonment to have left him in the condition he was in when they allowed him to be taken home.

I just hope that whatever measures are taken in response to this (as I'm sure there will be), Trump doesn't see it as an excuse to think the unthinkable.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The usual well thought out and reasoned response from Fox News, lets hope Trump wasn't watching

[video]http://www.mediaite.com/online/eric-bolling-suggests-preemptive-strike-on-north-korea-are-you-willing-to-risk-los-angeles/[/video]

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Uh oh....

[TWEET]877234140483121152[/TWEET]

Uh oh indeed.

That does not sound promising - to be clear I have no sympathy whatsoever with the North Korean regime, but nor do I want to see things move in the direction it's starting to feel like.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I'm sure Jezza could get Don and Kim Jong-un around for afternoon tea and cakes, throw around a few ideas and all will be well in the world.

A bit of blue sky thinking.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm on Tapatalk - what's happening? Do I need to duck and cover?
The tweet says:

While I greatly appreciate the efforts of President Xi & China to help with North Korea, it has not worked out. At least I know China tried!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm sure Jezza could get Don and Kim Jong-un around for afternoon tea and cakes, throw around a few ideas and all will be well in the world.

A bit of blue sky thinking.

Very drole.

If there were any point talking to the little fat psychotic fantasist bully, yeah, why not? Unfortunately there is no point.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Indeed; I don't think the North Korean leader would be receptive either.

Care to explain your 'joke'? It lacks narrative. If this is an attempt to help @isitPotG turn the thread into yet another anti-Corbyn bore fest, give it a rest. Some poor ******* has been abused in North Korea by someone immune to any sort of conversation. Meanwhile Trump will possibly see this as a chance to test out his nuclear weapons. Not a comedy opportunity of any sort, I would suggest. :shrug:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Care to explain your 'joke'? It lacks narrative. If this is an attempt to help @isitPotG turn the thread into yet another anti-Corbyn bore fest, give it a rest. Some poor ******* has been abused in North Korea by someone immune to any sort of conversation. Meanwhile Trump will possibly see this as a chance to test out his nuclear weapons. Not a comedy opportunity of any sort, I would suggest. :shrug:

Warm out isn't it?

So what would your proposed way forward be, in this particular very sad instance?

Should the USA take it on the chin?

Should they sabre rattle?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Am I alone in thinking North Korea should be bottom of your list for tourist destinations seeing as it is run by psychotics?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Bloomin 'eck, someone got out of bed the wrong side this morning.

I was merely making a wry observation that your description of the "little fat psychotic fantasist bully" could be applied to Trump.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Warm out isn't it?

So what would your proposed way forward be, in this particular very sad instance?

Should the USA take it on the chin?

Should they sabre rattle?

Why are you asking me this? I called you and the other clown out on your stupid Corbyn comments. I'm not interested in a chat.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Bloomin 'eck, someone got out of bed the wrong side this morning.

I was merely making a wry observation that your description of the "little fat psychotic fantasist bully" could be applied to Trump.

Apologies. I thought you were referring to Corbyn.

I'll explain my over sensitivity. A few weeks ago I opined that anyone who dislike May should vote for any one but Labour to humiliate Corbyn so that Labour could replace him with someone electable (and prevent a hegemony of Toryism that, paradoxically, is weak and badly led). In my view, poking cheap shots at Corbyn merely firms up his support, making it more likely he will win the next general election (which is coming soon). It was logical (if you read back) that you were engaging with that. I accept I misread, and apologise.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
As tragic as it is no one should be travelling to NK for tourism purposes to see some stage managed load of bullshit, conveniently ignoring the henious crimes, atrocities and starvation happening elsewhere in NK. It stinks. Worse are these rich idiots who go there to run in the Pyongyang marathon each year, returning with tales of what a wonderful experience it was. The one good thing to come out of this is that the company Warmbier went with are scaling back their operations there, or at least no longer taking American citizens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here