Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

barchetta

Mar 21, 2016
Tories paid for loads of advertising on social media, the Labour party couldn't afford this strategy but did have over 600,000 members and more registered supporters and used these channels. they also had celebrity endorsements and used these as well

they ran a positive campaign without smearing individuals showing what labour would offer and what the conservatives have done with austerity, the richest 5 per cent are now richer than when austerity started. This can't be right and can't be fair in the 5/6th richest society in the world.

The people have decided however, the first time in my life - having lived in this city for 50 years, I actually feel embarrassed. Embarrassed that Brighton & Hove with 2 Labour MPs & a Green MP is not only not reflective of Sussex, but not reflective of the country - the mess of this council Labour controlled, the tardiness of the place - Brighton & Hove has always been shabby chic- this weekend in my eyes it is plain shabby

Typical Tory poster - the electorate have spoken but because you don't like it you slag the area off.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
This must be a worry for the Tories. My Facebook feed was awash with sanctimonious Labour shares running up to the election. Basically, campaigning is now done by your mates. Vote Labour because this nurse said so. Here's a post from a teacher whose school can't afford new HB pencils. That kind of thing.

There were virtually nothing from the Tories other than the video doing the rounds of the strong and stable song which everyone took the piss out of. Like it or loath (and i loath it) it but Labour tapped into all this by luck or design and it's worked. This kind of consumption will only increase and the odd tweet from a blue rinse at Tory HQ isn't going to cut it for them. Corbyn's rallies looked impressive. Sitting in a sandwich shop with someone with a blue rosette doesn't.

My issue is that if I block anyone else on Facebook when the next election comes round it'll just be the odd picture of my mate Daves dinner once a week.
I'm not sure I can stomach The Canary being described as unbiased but the numbers here will be terrifying the Tories and mainstream media.

This is also the story in both leadership elections.

http://anotherangryvoice.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/how-three-tiny-facebook-pages-took-on.html?m=1

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Tories paid for loads of advertising on social media, the Labour party couldn't afford this strategy but did have over 600,000 members and more registered supporters and used these channels. they also had celebrity endorsements and used these as well

they ran a positive campaign without smearing individuals showing what labour would offer and what the conservatives have done with austerity, the richest 5 per cent are now richer than when austerity started. This can't be right and can't be fair in the 5/6th richest society in the world.
Fully agree.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

barchetta

Mar 21, 2016
If you look at corbyn record during the referendum of visiting around the country it was one of the highest of any mp and got massive crowds wherever he went. the mainstream media and tv however were interested in boris johnson, nigel farage and david cameron. Don't blame the person if the media can't provide a balanced view, that is why when looking at age profiles the young said no to brexit and old people were predominantly for. Labour supporters were 70% for remain, it was the tories only 40% that won brexit, their inability to get out their message. 2 million more registered for the referendum and social media by the labour party got young people out to vote, 2 million more registered for the elections (some of these were already registered but the system wasn't able to check) with labour and non political parties getting people registered not a mention by the conservatives as their memebership are already onboard.

it labour that want participation, the conservative don't as more people looking at their message realise it is all smoke and mirrors rich getting richer. who coming in for the first time would vote for that?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
The people have decided however, the first time in my life - having lived in this city for 50 years, I actually feel embarrassed. Embarrassed that Brighton & Hove with 2 Labour MPs & a Green MP is not only not reflective of Sussex, but not reflective of the country - the mess of this council Labour controlled, the tardiness of the place - Brighton & Hove has always been shabby chic- this weekend in my eyes it is plain shabby
[emoji38]ol:

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

barchetta

Mar 21, 2016
[emoji38]ol:

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The labour council mess is due to 40% cuts in council grants from the government, no kind of reality could cope with this level of reductions and under the conservatives it is due to fall even more. Why do you think everything is being cut yet services are not improving it doesn't take a scientist to work it out. If you want services you have to pay for them either through taxation or directly. All the while corporation tax reduced and the rich get richer, you try and square that circle and see how you do.

Schools in brighton and hove in chaos, £193k reduction on average by 2020, that 6-7 teachers in every school or more support staff. in my son's school blatchington mill that is 660k, 22 teachers, on the back of 18-20 posts lost in the last 3 years.

A hospital in special measures, CCG in special measures, ambulance service is special measures.

You couldn't make it up what has happend under a conservative government and residents agreed enough is enough. It is a pity the less urban areas didn't see it in quite the same way.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Why would my reason be any different? I work hard for the little that I have. Call it selfish but I've never been given anything for free. Unfortunately I believe you have to work hard in society to achieve things and that's what I do. I don't really want to then be giving it all away just because someone else has decided they want what I have but don't want to work for it.
It's just another dole scroungers rant Martin if it's undressed. It covers nothing about the old, the infirmed, our education system or our police.
It's all about YOU and how hard you work. More start up scenes have been introduced by the labour governments then the Tories by a mile. So who is it who has decided they want what you have ?

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

You're in a minority! 😁😎

People's Democratic Republic of Brightonia!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
You'll never see a Labour government in you're lifetime, if they can't win under yesterday's circumstances they'll never win [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
You think I'm booing because Labour didn't win the election. Well I'll share my tissues with all those Brexit voters - tee hee - who must feel so much happier now after Theresa's resounding victory.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
If you look at corbyn record during the referendum of visiting around the country it was one of the highest of any mp and got massive crowds wherever he went. the mainstream media and tv however were interested in boris johnson, nigel farage and david cameron. Don't blame the person if the media can't provide a balanced view, that is why when looking at age profiles the young said no to brexit and old people were predominantly for. Labour supporters were 70% for remain, it was the tories only 40% that won brexit, their inability to get out their message. 2 million more registered for the referendum and social media by the labour party got young people out to vote, 2 million more registered for the elections (some of these were already registered but the system wasn't able to check) with labour and non political parties getting people registered not a mention by the conservatives as their memebership are already onboard.

it labour that want participation, the conservative don't as more people looking at their message realise it is all smoke and mirrors rich getting richer. who coming in for the first time would vote for that?

We will see this week, nothing to stop Labour reaching out to all the other parties to form cross party talks on their view on how Brexit should look

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
You need to move to one of those more London celubrious areas areas like Kensington with all your dosh. Oh hold on just noticed something........

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Nope, that's not the one. But then why would I expect you to post anything but "alternative facts". And on that, I'm done responding to you today, you're just too odious and I've not slept enough..

Then you are lying
As that was the only comment i made about Abbott " last night" according to your timeline.
If you are going to make shit up at least have the balls to back it up and not cuck off with "im done responding to you" like a weasel

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Politics here of late is bloody embarrassing us as a nation.....Why the fack can't we have a strong dominant figure as our leader rather than the usual drips who are pampered poodles and have no backbone.The rest of the world must be facking laughing out these clowns and all this bloody bickering,chopping and changing.
Just get a facking grip and get negotiating with the EU and don't roll over like a bunch of pussies.....

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Why the fack can't we have a strong dominant figure

Because this is a democracy and it has been 12 years since a party leader last presented an offer that has been capable of winning a significant majority, even in our electoral system that magnifies the achievements of the victor. We are split.

Or in short - the will of the people.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] should have the casting vote here.

She was the one who wrote the story about Cameron slipping one to a pig isn't she?

16461354281_7d8e7425ed_b.jpg

As I believe we now need to have a government of unity, across the political divide, it's a YES from me.

However, my local Conservative candidate did knock on my door a couple of weeks ago, and I take your Olivia and raise you my new political representative Esther McVey, who has taken over from Gideon.
1405438842259_wps_2_Esther_McVey_jpg.jpg

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
She was the one who wrote the story about Cameron slipping one to a pig isn't she?

16461354281_7d8e7425ed_b.jpg

As I believe we now need to have a government of unity, across the political divide, it's a YES from me.

However, my local Conservative candidate did knock on my door a couple of weeks ago, and I take your Olivia and raise you my new political representative Esther McVey, who has taken over from Gideon.
1405438842259_wps_2_Esther_McVey_jpg.jpg

Even somebody as DEPRAVED as YOU wouldn't go near Duncan Smith's SLOPPY seconds

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here