Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Yep, typical Tory voter - self interest!

Modern Toryism goes back to the greed is good era and f*** you society. As long as I am ok stuff those that aren't. They quite clearly haven't tried hard enough!

As I said not everyone will agree. Call it greed if you like. Don't think it's greedy for wanting the little I work hard for to go to myself and my family. We pay tax, bills, ect ect and contribute towards society this way. As I said I worked for everything I have and have never had a hand out from anyone.If you bothered to read the actual post I originally posted you may understand this and my reasons for voting the way I did.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Fair play, I appreciate your taking the time to respond.

That's honestly the first genuine argument I've been given for a Conservative vote

My pleasure to do so. Only my opinion from my life and the great thing about politics everyone has the right to there own. I am not smug or bitter towards anyone who votes different.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
My pleasure to do so. Only my opinion from my life and the great thing about politics everyone has the right to there own. I am not smug or bitter towards anyone who votes different.

More people should be like you. Far too much division in our society.

HOFNSKIN

Feb 12, 2012
may terrorist.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] should have the casting vote here.

I think at this time the guidance of Danny Seagull wouldn't go amiss.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Brilliant. So what do the Tory Party have in their locker to offer the disaffected youth?

They just wait for them to grow up. When their heads start to fill up with work, morgages, wife, kids etc this will relegate things like childish uncosted wishlists and identity politics.

its the circle of life and becoming what you most hate sort of thing.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
They just wait for them to grow up. When their heads start to fill up with work, morgages, wife, kids etc this will relegate things like childish uncosted wishlists and identity politics.

Pretty much. The ideals of youth soon become standard daily routine.

albion68

Oct 27, 2011
As I said not everyone will agree. Call it greed if you like. Don't think it's greedy for wanting the little I work hard for to go to myself and my family. We pay tax, bills, ect ect and contribute towards society this way. As I said I worked for everything I have and have never had a hand out from anyone.If you bothered to read the actual post I originally posted you may understand this and my reasons for voting the way I did.

I am the same and if i am out of work if there is a recession ,when i have gone to the Job Center i am told there is nothing for you .I do not understand why a lot of people want a Marxist Government .

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Just flicking through the last few pages and a little bit gobsmacked.

The worst Conservative campaign I've ever seen, the Conservative leader with the least personality, and despite this Labour still loses!

If they couldn't win this now when can they ever win.

As Ian Hislop has just said two dreadful campaigns, but Labours was marginally better which made up for their truly dreadful manifesto.

BUT THEY STILL LOST!!!!!

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton

You've identified the key question.

If you believe that the new young voters will keep their views as they age, then maybe, just maybe, we're witnessing a political sea change.

If you believe that they will drift to a more conventional centre/right position as they get older, then nothing will change. Indeed things could get worse because increased longevity means older folk will make up an ever increasing share of the electorate in future, and this demographic effect could offset the effect of greater youth turnout.

I don't know what to believe. Conventional wisdom is that most people get more conservative as they age. But I know loads of people who haven't. Jeremy Corbyn hasn't. And I haven't - I'm more left wing in my 60s than I was in my 20s. I think it's all to play for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Just flicking through the last few pages and a little bit gobsmacked.

The worst Conservative campaign I've ever seen, the Conservative leader with the least personality, and despite this Labour still loses!

If they couldn't win this now when can they ever win.

As Ian Hislop has just said two dreadful campaigns, but Labours was marginally better which made up for their truly dreadful manifesto.

BUT THEY STILL LOST!!!!!
This is just the begining.

The Tories still have a sufficient length of rope to hang themselves and barring the miracle of them suddenly becoming competent in the most testing of circumstances they'll further denigrate the brand in the months to come.

Southern, urban, young came out in droves in marginals due to effective local campaigning. If you don't think that has Tory HQ worried then you're in denial.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here