Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you ever seen a dead body ?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sadly it is common-with an average 1 road death every 26 minutes it is more surprising if you don't see a body or 2.

What country's that in??

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Sadly it is common-with an average 1 road death every 26 minutes it is more surprising if you don't see a body or 2.

Bloody crazy I know, first time I saw one was lying in the middle of Sukhumvit within a great pool of blood, and I was riding in a tuk-tuk, shouting at the driver to stop, in the hope of administrating first aid. But he ignored me saying " meow khun chorp" which I later discovered to mean 'no he's dead' .......they aren't terribly sympathetic out there! :shrug:

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Bloody crazy I know, first time I saw one was lying in the middle of Sukhumvit within a great pool of blood, and I was riding in a tuk-tuk, shouting at the driver to stop, in the hope of administrating first aid. But he ignored me saying " meow khun chorp" which I later discovered to mean 'no he's dead'

That's a relief. At first I though it was a serving suggesting.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
My mum died in my arms at home ten weeks ago, the day after having results from a scan that confirmed her cancer had returned and was terminal.

Her final day was a bad one and saw her bed-bound for the first time due to her symptoms, but I had no idea of what was coming. It was the night we played Rotherham and due to the way the day had gone with mum it was the first Albion game I'd not managed to follow via Player/TV/stream in the eight years I'd been in Rutland since I left Brighton to care for mum.

As the game was nearing the end I left mum briefly to go into my room to check on the score when I suddenly heard loud rapid gasping for air coming from my mum's room. I called a nurse who told me it sounded like there had been a "serious bodily change" and to prepare myself that this was going to be the end. A couple of nurses then came round and periodically kept telling me "it shouldn't be long now", yet she continued gasping for air until 4.35 am, a full 7 hours later. Though her eyes were open she never managed to communicate with me throughout the ordeal.

After she had died and the nurses had left and the doctor had visited I went to bed for an hour before the undertaker was due as I had obviously been up all night and was shattered. Without doubt the most surreal experience of my life was waking from my limited slumber knowing that my mum was lying dead in her room.

What is probably hardest of all is rattling round in the house where she died.

I miss her terribly.

Wishing you all the best, mate

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Thailand....they are insane. Not unusual to see 2 adult and 3 kids, 5 up on a motorbike, completely ignore red lights...bloody brainless. Life is cheap, they assume....unless it's theirs.

Ah yes. I experienced pretty much the same in Vietnam & Cambodia last year. Think they said there were 4 million motorcycles in Saigon, a city smaller in population terms than London. Often ferrying entire families around on a single bike.

We typically see about 1800 road deaths a year in the U.K. It's been falling for a long time, though I wonder if it might rise again when this year's figures come out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here