Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brightonian's

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Following on from the famous people thread, who on here is a true Brightonian? I would say that a true Brightonian would have to be born in Brighton, so only those born in the Royal Sussex or the old Bevendean hospital would apply.

I was born in the Royal Sussex, so that's one. Who else?

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Southlands. I'm a true suburbian.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Jimmy Saville said:
Following on from the famous people thread, who on here is a true Brightonian? I would say that a true Brightonian would have to be born in Brighton, so only those born in the Royal Sussex or the old Bevendean hospital would apply.

I was born in the Royal Sussex, so that's one. Who else?
What about those of us born in the old Sussex Maternity Hospital which was situated in Buckingham Road?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Im an imposter, was born in Royal Victoria Hostpitial Folkestone.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
I was born at the royal sussex and had a BN1 postcode as I lived in Patcham for the first 21 years, then Mrs Shingle came along, now shes a lewesian, although she too was born at the Royal Sussex. She wants to be a Brightonian, but I keep telling her no Mrs S you are a Lewesian and are a different species to us. Even though I now reside in Lewes I consider myself total Brighton. Ooh these summer nights just fly by

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
Norman was born in Bromley grew up in Surrey and did not have a connection with Brighton until he went to uni there. So he is fake.

Then again I am fake, having never lived in Brighton or have family from there. Although when I am not in my Brighton top, one or two people have asked 'are you from Brighton?' Answer is no.

Is Jamie Theakston Brighton born?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I'm also another Royal Sussex baby, lived in BN3 all my life.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I guess the Sussex Maternity Hospital must apply, plus the General on Elm Grove.

I went to BHASVIC at the same time as Jamie Theakston, so I reckon he's probably born in Brighton.

My mate is a proud Brightonian. His good lady had their first child last month. Unfortunately, there was a lack of birthing suites at the Royal Sussex and the baby was born in Haywards Heath. How disappointing! :nono:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
If I'm a tourist I guess that must make MRRF 10 an alien...

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here