Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Tomorrow - is Jose Izquierdo day

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Are they using goal-line technology in this world cup, or just VAR? The reason I ask is that the ppgoto the BBC has put up 'prooving' the ball has crossed the line, does not actually prove it at all.

b425b942-5bdd-4b7f-96ff-48a7ef70fd81.jpg

Which reminded me of this from a couple of years ago... it sometimes is all about the angle you view it from.

article-0-190BC34300000578-499_634x445.jpg

article-0-190BC33B00000578-582_634x443.jpg

(As I said, I'm not watching the game... it could have been well over. I was just curious about whether goal-line technology is in use.)

Both

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Disagree. He deliberately handled to stop a goal being scored. What if they'd missed the pen ? There would have been a clear injustice (like when that buck-toothed weasel Suarez handled on the line against Ghana to stop a goal, and they missed the resulting penalty).
Yes, I know it was deliberate handball, so award a penalty. That is an appropriate punishment - it is very likely to lead to a goal. If they don't score, that's their fault. Back in the day, as schoolboys, we were coached as full backs to cover the posts, and if it was going in stop it my any means possible - there was always a chance they'd miss the penalty.
The fact that Suarez is an unpleasant tosser, or that you particularly dislike him, has no bearing.

Alex Scott arouses me.
Too much information....................

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think they did. Cheating to query it. It was clearly over even in real time from that distant main camera angle.

Yep, you could clearly see he scooped it back towards the goal line, then covered it up with his gloves, the cheating snide. Outrageous that he then got in the refs face to try and deny it was in. And catastrophically STUPID, given that everyone knows that there is now irrefutable goal-line technology, plus about 24 cameras in the stadium that can all show everything in minute detail, and all in super slow-mo. Plus another camera on a cuffing WIRE hanging over his head. What an absolute wankpuffin.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Colombia are very open at the back in this half, gifting opening after opening, against a mediocre eleven.

Shirley better to defend in large numbers negatively to take to point, leaving a couple of pacey players only to counter?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yes, I know it was deliberate handball, so award a penalty. That is an appropriate punishment - it is very likely to lead to a goal. If they don't score, that's their fault. Back in the day, as schoolboys, we were coached as full backs to cover the posts, and if it was going in stop it my any means possible - there was always a chance they'd miss the penalty.
The fact that Suarez is an unpleasant tosser, or that you particularly dislike him, has no bearing.

The double jeopardy rule applies to cover accidental fouls that deny a goalscoring opportunity (ie a penalty but no red card).

However, a player can still be sent off for serious foul play, violent conduct and deliberate handball. The ref was absolutely right to send off the Colombian for blocking that goalbound shot with his arm.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yep, you could clearly see he scooped it back towards the goal line, then covered it up with his gloves, the cheating snide. Outrageous that he then got in the refs face to try and deny it was in. And catastrophically STUPID, given that everyone knows that there is now irrefutable goal-line technology, plus about 24 cameras in the stadium that can all show everything in minute detail, and all in super slow-mo. Plus another camera on a cuffing WIRE hanging over his head. What an absolute wankpuffin.

My guess is that not all the players realise this........ some footballers are monumentally thick :lolol:

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot

I would like to congratulate you for a SPECTACULAR use of 'wankpuffin'

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
See what happens when you take him off

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports