Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Everton agree £30m for Yannick Bolasie

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
All you people complaining about the money being splashed around - I trust you've cancelled your Sky subscriptions. If not, you're part of the problem I'm afraid.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
So Palace sell their best crosser of the ball to help fund the purchase of a big lump who needs crosses slung in to the box . Makes sense.

As far as I'm aware, Townsend has not been sold. To describe Benteke as "a big lump" is hilariously bitter.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Ridiculous amount of money. The cash being splashed during this window is obscene and I don't like it at all!

Makes me really want the PL bubble to burst and these clubs really find themselves deep in the mire.
I really hope any new immigration rules that come in the future, really stops players without the international qualification from coming here. That could have a huge effect on the attraction of the PL and Sky could have to scale things down.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
All you people complaining about the money being splashed around - I trust you've cancelled your Sky subscriptions. If not, you're part of the problem I'm afraid.

download.jpg

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Makes me really want the PL bubble to burst and these clubs really find themselves deep in the mire.
I really hope any new immigration rules that come in the future, really stops players without the international qualification from coming here. That could have a huge effect on the attraction of the PL and Sky could have to scale things down.

From our perspective, the sales outweigh the buys, so I think we are being prudent.
The likes of the Mancs splashing shitloads is obscene

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Love the way Palace supporters celebrate a transfer fee that exceeds their last administration debt

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
[MENTION=25756]Se20[/MENTION] I'd be really careful about describing yourself as 'prudent' if the figures surrounding your Benteke offer have any basis in reality.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton

Never splashed the cash on Sky or any other pay channel and never will. Still think it is all obscene though. Would help me if I heard that all these cash rich players were helping those less fortunate in life via charities etc..

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
They went into admin owing just over £32 million to creditors, but yes close.

Which funnily enough equates to two years of Brighton's losses.

Let's be honest, the only difference is that your sugar daddy is considerably richer than our sugar daddy was. The level of overspend is comparable.

Back on topic, the cost of players and the wages being spent at the top is utterly repugnant.

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
£30m for a bloke who can't cross and rarely scores.

:lolol:

Football will go bust soon.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
About £20m more than he's actually worth. This summer is just crazy. How clubs can complain about their solidarity payments to the FL is a disgrace.

Good deal for Palace, they've swapped one erratic winger with no end product for another with £20m in their favour. Both are excellent dribblers with plenty of pace but neither has any idea in the final third. Maybe they can put a bid in for the Sainsbury's and clad that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here