Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] "Programmes have become bloated and outdated - it's time to change or go"

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Loved Programmes when I first went, but that was before I had access to the Internet, it was hard to get information about the Albion as a kid in the 90s.

Now whatever is in them I can find on my phone or it is already out of date.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Even as a kid I didn't have a great interest in them. They were good for team line ups (at least when squad numbers were introduced) early season as you're trying to get used to new players/new number allocations (the sponsor page when it included photos was also useful for this purpose). Beyond that I had little to no interest in them.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Last programme I bought was the last game at the Goldstone. Find them a complete waste of money and as interesting as CH's press conferences.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm happy that the club produces a programme.

But, like the author of the WSC article, I feel that clubs blindly think that the majority of fans want something bigger and more lavish (and therefore more expensive), when a sizeable percentage of fans clearly don't.
Absolutely - especially if you want to keep the programme as a souvenir. It needs to be small enough to slide into a pocket without getting damaged. But A4 sixe 50 page glossies? - fair enough if you want to take a briefcase to the match to keep it safe in, I suppose. I don't - and trying to roll the damn thing up to put it in your pocket doesn't help at all.
A nice little pocket sixed thing for me, with the team lists in it, a run down on the opposition and the manager's 'thoughts for the week'. Just that, and adverts kept to a minimum - £1.50 - £2.00 max. Well, 30p max for me, but I do realise times have moved on!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Absolutely - especially if you want to keep the programme as a souvenir. It needs to be small enough to slide into a pocket without getting damaged. But A4 sixe 50 page glossies? - fair enough if you want to take a briefcase to the match to keep it safe in, I suppose. I don't - and trying to roll the damn thing up to put it in your pocket doesn't help at all.
A nice little pocket sixed thing for me, with the team lists in it, a run down on the opposition and the manager's 'thoughts for the week'. Just that, and adverts kept to a minimum - £1.50 - £2.00 max. Well, 30p max for me, but I do realise times have moved on!

The current programme fits perfectly into any of my coats pockets without the need to bend or damage no need for any sort of case

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Could they not give out FREE a single sheet with the latest news on one side for those that want a read at halftime etc and both teams 25 man squad on the other plus of course ref and assistants. They could be given out or left to collect by the turnstiles or do we make a huge profit that we would lose by doing away with them.

How slowly do you read a double sided sheet would be read before the teams had left the pitch after the half time whistle had been blown.
And what about those that want to read the programme before the game this flimsy sheet would be finished while queuing for a pint.
Also if given out free most would be thrown to the ground adding to the post match litter clean up.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I arrive early to games and really enjoy the programme.

The retro part particularly, so personally think it’s (they) are fine. No change required IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Perhaps the answer is a less pages programme that also has fanzine style material inside. As much you want pen pictures of the opposition and the all important fixtures and line ups and news about the other BHAFC teams I would also like to see off the wall stuff like top ten players haircuts over the years or fastest sendings off in Albion history.

Fewer pages with more material? I suppose you could make the font smaller and include a free magnifying glass.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The program fits perfectly in both man bags and my leather tote; no need for a briefcase.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Anyone got a photo of all last season’s programmes stacked or on a shelf. Must be almost 2ft of real estate.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anyone got a photo of all last season’s programmes stacked or on a shelf. Must be almost 2ft of real estate.

Calling [MENTION=12187]Uter[/MENTION]

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Bonus points if your wife/partner is photographed next to them holding both thumbs up.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Bonus points if your wife/partner is photographed next to them holding both thumbs up.

Calling Mrs [MENTION=12187]Uter[/MENTION]

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Programmes have become bloated and outdated - it’ time to change or go back to the simple eight pagers of the fifties. I’m not interested in players’ favourite foods, music, or holiday destinations. Neither do I want forty pages of advertising. £1.50 max.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here