Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bong being abused all game.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The irony of all the posts along this line are that Rodriguez was forced into making such comments by Bong first tweeting, in the immediate aftermath of the tribunal, to state his dissapointment in the outcome, reiterate his accusations against Rodriguez and also slyly insinuate that Rodriguez had apologised to him for being racist.

Without that tweet Rodriguez would likely have just maintained a dignified, relative silence on the matter* and let the verdict do the talking.

Also finding the continued insistence around the not proven verdict not meaning he was cleared of the charge. It seems a number of Brighton fans don't understand that in these tribunals there are 2 possible rulings; proven and not proven.

*as he did throughout the investigation, unlike Bong who went on international TV to publically defame Rodriguez as racist whilst simultaneously contradicting his account to the FA in the immediate aftermath of the incident (as highlighted in the FA tribunal's report)...

Do you have a link to Bong's tweet that you're referring to?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The irony of all the posts along this line are that Rodriguez was forced into making such comments by Bong first tweeting, in the immediate aftermath of the tribunal, to state his dissapointment in the outcome, reiterate his accusations against Rodriguez and also slyly insinuate that Rodriguez had apologised to him for being racist.

Without that tweet Rodriguez would likely have just maintained a dignified, relative silence on the matter* and let the verdict do the talking.

Also finding the continued insistence around the not proven verdict not meaning he was cleared of the charge. It seems a number of Brighton fans don't understand that in these tribunals there are 2 possible rulings; proven and not proven.

*as he did throughout the investigation, unlike Bong who went on international TV to publically defame Rodriguez as racist whilst simultaneously contradicting his account to the FA in the immediate aftermath of the incident (as highlighted in the FA tribunal's report)...

Bong did not tweet anything. Our club made an official statement on his behalf.
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2018/april/statement-on-behalf-of-gaetan-bong/

Actually I will correct that. Bong did tweet that Jay had apologised to him. That was immediately after the report came out.

Jay Rodriguez then went on Twitter to boast that he was exonerated and the truth will out. The FA report does not say he was exonerated at all.
http://www.thefa.com/news/2018/apr/13/jay-rodriguez-decision-130418

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
He said: “Was it sustained throughout the whole game? I seriously didn’t think it was the whole game. I thought it petered out.

Listening on the radio it seemed to continue the whole game

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Unfortunately pikey is a racist word according to the law.

Indeed it is probably worse in legal terms. Calling people racists is not discriminatory - more of an accusation and a supportive comment against racism (could be slanderous). Pikey is effectively a pejorative term for gypsies - and some sections of the gypsy community are classed as a race under the Equality Act.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I DON'T CONDONE MONKEY CHANTING , but some time's feel things might be blown out of proportion? INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY let's wait and see
regards
DR

You might not condone monkey chanting, although as your REAL username "Das Reich" presumably to honour the SS panzer division responsible for executing British POWs and the massacre of 700 civilians, that's men, women and children...men shot women and kids torched in the village church at Ouradour Sur Glane indicates you have a peculiar moral compass. I wouldn't be surprised if the Nazi murderers you admire did the odd monkey chant whilst shooting civilians.

ClaretMatt

Nov 19, 2015
Bong did not tweet anything. Our club made an official statement on his behalf.
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2018/april/statement-on-behalf-of-gaetan-bong/

Actually I will correct that. Bong did tweet that Jay had apologised to him. That was immediately after the report came out.

Jay Rodriguez then went on Twitter to boast that he was exonerated and the truth will out. The FA report does not say he was exonerated at all.
http://www.thefa.com/news/2018/apr/13/jay-rodriguez-decision-130418

Nice edit.

So you accept Bong tweeted first to reiterate the accusation and also misrepresent Rodriguez's apology.

Do you not accept that having been publically called racist during the investigation, then again afterwards he may have felt the need to strongly state his position in response? And given the 2 possible verdicts of the tribunal (proven & not proven) he's justified in saying he's exonerated. After all, the tribunal and it's report at no point states they believe he said the words. So his statement of being exonerated is at least as close to the truth of the tribunal's report/verdict as Bong's tweet. And Bong pulled the trigger first...

Nice edit.

So you accept Bong tweeted first to reiterate the accusation and also misrepresent Rodriguez's apology.

Do you not accept that having been publically called racist during the investigation, then again afterwards he may have felt the need to strongly state his position in response? And given the 2 possible verdicts of the tribunal (proven & not proven) he's justified in saying he's exonerated. After all, the tribunal and it's report at no point states they believe he said the words. So his statement of being exonerated is at least as close to the truth of the tribunal's report/verdict as Bong's tweet. And Bong pulled the trigger first...

Thick as whale spunk this one.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Nice edit.

Why bother coming in here yet again.....i think most of us on this forum have stated our position....nothing to be achieved imho by chewing it over again with the likes of yourself...you clearly can't accept anything was wrong about Saturdays behaviour by some of your fans...perhaps go back to your own board.....or maybe join in the many other discussions... Film 2018 for example....perhaps don't mention Zulu from past years :moo:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Nice edit.

No, it was not proven because Rodriguez covered his mouth whilst pinching his nose. Neither of us can prove he did or didn't say it.

I believe Gaetan Bong and you believe Jay Rodriguez.

My complaint is why do Burnley fans think they can act as judge and jury, intimidating a player for something that happened at another ground to another team. Basically it is nothing to do with them. If somebody insulted Gareth Barry, Dean Hammond or Tommy Elphick, I wouldn't be booing them.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
This is the problem when accusations are reported in the media, everybody just gets so polarised and defensive.

Burnley fans, quite rightly, don't want their clubs' name being dragged through the mud because of an accusation of racism. If the media are going to report that an accusation has been made then they should back it up with some evidence or at least some detail. It's all well and good everybody on NSC saying that accusations need to be investigated, and I agree they should, but they should be investigated in private.

We even have a running joke on this forum about one of our fans over reacting to an event at a game, I wonder if the accusers "screamed for a policeman".

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Tony Scholes is the editor of the main Burnley fans' forum "Up The Clarets"......he was editor of "Clarets Mad" for many years until Januay 2016.

He seems quite a fair and reasonable bloke but is fiercely protective of the club. No criticism of the board of directors is usually tolerated. Offending posts are deleted and perpetrators can receive bans of various lengths (one week, one month, six months, year or indefinite).

Perhaps not the best person to be commenting on tolerance within society!

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
So you won't all be rooting for Burnley to win the Europa Cup ahead of Chelsea and Arsenal next season?

(Puts tin hat on, ducks and retreats stage left)......:)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This is the problem when accusations are reported in the media, everybody just gets so polarised and defensive.

Burnley fans, quite rightly, don't want their clubs' name being dragged through the mud because of an accusation of racism. If the media are going to report that an accusation has been made then they should back it up with some evidence or at least some detail. It's all well and good everybody on NSC saying that accusations need to be investigated, and I agree they should, but they should be investigated in private.

We even have a running joke on this forum about one of our fans over reacting to an event at a game, I wonder if the accusers "screamed for a policeman".

I wondered how long it would take for someone to point the finger.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
So you won't all be rooting for Burnley to win the Europa Cup ahead of Chelsea and Arsenal next season?

(Puts tin hat on, ducks and retreats stage left)......:)
Ever since you cheated your way into the prem, I've wanted you to fail.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Nice edit.

At the end of the day, when the cows come home, when curtains are drawn...what the **** this had to do with Burnley is still a mystery. Like the angry girlfriend screaming “let him go, ees done nuffin” as the Police chuck your drunken boyfriend into the meat wagon for fighting, you have no business getting involved and have been warned multiple times to keep away. But now you’re going to get arrested too. You stupid bint. Burnley. :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here