Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Daily Mirror: Pulis poised for Brighton

Alan Gilliver

Oct 18, 2006
I didn't say I wanted Pulis and I'm a huge advocate of developing youth. I love our passing style but if it was a choice between the dire financial future if we were to be relegated and staying up, I'd take abandoning the style for the rest of the season. Stay up, strengthen in the summer, go again with the Brighton way. I have to laugh at being called knee-jerk, I was still backing Sami even after Derby :lol:

What f***ing style?

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Well good! But I would not abandon it for even half a season. I just would not be able to let myself do it. I would feel dirty.

What, as dirty as having to play in league 1 next season?

Behave.

They can kick it long for 90 minutes if it means we don't have to play in that shitfest ever again.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
What f***ing style?

Broadly, you might say, we have tried to continue a passing style of football. Not very well this season, I hasten to add, but Sami has been trying to continue a similar type of football to that we played under Gus/Oscar.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Broadly, you might say, we have tried to continue a passing style of football. Not very well this season, I hasten to add, but Sami has been trying to continue a similar type of football to that we played under Gus/Oscar.
What sideways football with no penetration or goals?
I get your point though although this needs to be scrapped as you have to have the right players to play it and we haven't for a long time.Every season we have no bodies around the penalty box and dog shite midfielders..Things have to change as all our strikers for years seem isolated and I'd rather we played like bounemouth or brentford by attacking with purpose.

It does seem like the board are obsessed with this dire ticky tacky football that has no end product???

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Well I disagree. Changing style won't be any guarantee we stay up anyway. So why throw away all the progress? If we are going to go down we might as well stick with it and bed JFC, March, Dunk and other youngsters into the system more. At least then if we go down we can hold our heads up and say we stuck with our philosophy and be proud of the way we try and play.

That ship has already sailed. The 'progress' started to be thrown away when the club did not replace the players we sold with the same quality, did not replace the manager with the same quality and took all control of player recruitment away from the manager. We've been going backwards since Gus left.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Think Pulis and TB would get on, but surely Pulis would take PL over Championship, there will be an opportunity for him there in the next 3 months.

Pulis lives in Bournemouth, when he tries to drive to the Amex along the A27 he might have second thoughts

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Says your source. Hardly going to admit a potentially fairly embarrassing leak behind the scenes are they?
Exactly. I was talking to a football agent today literally a few minutes ago. I'm 99% sure from the conversation I had that the board have been sounding out other candidates.

Bozza has one source who protects the interests of the club. And who is not at board level.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Exactly. I was talking to a football agent today literally a few minutes ago. I'm 99% sure from the conversation I had that the board have been sounding out other candidates.

Bozza has one source who protects the interests of the club. And who is not at board level.
you seem to be in the know.

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
you seem to be in the know. My girlfriend is so impressed she wants to sleep with you! If only I knew some influential people!
Not really just got chatting to someone at a restaurant who has no connection with the club but seems to know a fair bit and seemed believable.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
What sideways football with no penetration or goals?
I get your point though although this needs to be scrapped as you have to have the right players to play it and we haven't for a long time.Every season we have no bodies around the penalty box and dog shite midfielders..Things have to change as all our strikers for years seem isolated and I'd rather we played like bounemouth or brentford by attacking with purpose.

It does seem like the board are obsessed with this dire ticky tacky football that has no end product???

I can only point to our successive finishes in the play-offs as to prove the system's effectiveness. In Poyet's last season we had the right players and we really could have gone up (I say 'could' because whilst we were fantastic, people have often glossed over just how good Watford were as well).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
the board have been sounding out other candidates.

I can't believe that hasn't been happening, and my only theory as to why Hyypia still has a job is that no one suitable has been found (or no one fancied has agreed to join).

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Well I disagree. Changing style won't be any guarantee we stay up anyway. So why throw away all the progress? If we are going to go down we might as well stick with it and bed JFC, March, Dunk and other youngsters into the system more. At least then if we go down we can hold our heads up and say we stuck with our philosophy and be proud of the way we try and play.

If we go down (we won't by the way) we will lose Dunk, JFC, March and most of the rest of them too.

We simply cannot be relegated at ALL costs.

It would be a massive backwards step.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
I can only point to our successive finishes in the play-offs as to prove the system's effectiveness. In Poyet's last season we had the right players and we really could have gone up (I say 'could' because whilst we were fantastic, people have often glossed over just how good Watford were as well).
Palace were better than both, save an almost meltdown near the end when they nearly missed out on the play offs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here