Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
That Gol Bezan accoubt is no more legit or ITK than the Albion Roar Twitter. In fact the Roar has 2.5x as many followers, and the bloke that runs that knows **** all about anything.

However, Ali's agent is a director of the podcast.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
It was reported that both Leicester and us had bids accepted. He’s in Paris so we assume it’s to get his visa to enter the country having secured a work permit which would mean he’s accepted a contact as he can’t get one without having a job. However does he need to secure a visa just to enter the country to speak to us and Leicester and then do the medical etc. I don’t know enough about what goes on before the contract and work permit stage to know for sure. Most of us have assumed he’s secured the work permit but it could be we’ve not got that far yet.

You could be right, but if that was the case I'm sure both clubs would be quite happy to travel to Holland to carry out negotiations.

As for the contract would he actually need a contract or would he just need a letter confirming an offer of employment for however many years?

I really don't know, just looking at reasons for this taking so long, my hunch is still beurocracy, I would imagine anyone coming from any country that is considered a threat to UK security is going to go through a much more rigorous examination than someone who is not.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
4 minutes everyone!

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
200 Pages up! How many more?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
My take on all of this is if he signs then great, if he doesn't then good luck to him at Leicester (Norwich or wherever) and I'll look forward to hearing who our next target is.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
All this has taught me is to unfollow the clubs twitter and get my news from here, as they're massive wind up merchants. Oh and not to get my hopes up, but again, the twitter helped those hopes rise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here