Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "West Brom cup game - waiting for the upper tiers" thread *** all areas open! ***

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was in the WSU for the Arsenal game. View was awesome, but I didn't like it. Slightly removed from the action and a constant backdrop of people moaning about this player or that player.

It was a bit like watching the game on telly with NSC providing the commentary.

Think I'll be back in the cheap seats next time

I normally sit in Upper West and have tried different stands for cup games. Couldn't wait to get back to my normal seat. Guess it's just what we are used to.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Will be pressing 'buy tickets' at 10am on Sunday so no-one who 'fancies a change of scenery' is sitting in my seat :) #territorial

Do you still have that shrine at home with the crash barrier purloined from halfway up the Chicken Run with "I :love: Andy Rollings" scratched on it?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Excellent.

Seat countdown fun from 10am on Sunday.

:albion2:

But why 10am, its 9am on every other ticket release. Do the club not believe that fans, sorry customers aren't up before 10am on a Sunday, or is this to allow for the usual fix when at the release time you are only permitted to purchase 0 tickets for this event

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Will be pressing 'buy tickets' at 10am on Sunday so no-one who 'fancies a change of scenery' is sitting in my seat :) #territorial

Same, I just don't understand why when the clib decide to only open part of the ground, that season ticket holders in those part of the ground that will be open from the start don't have a limited time period (say up to 2 hours) to purchase the seats that they are in for league games.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The "West Brom cup game - waiting for the upper tiers" thread

Prior to the price setting, many on here in the earlier thread had suggested a price of 20 to 25, so I stand by what I say that they could have priced it somewhat higher and not affected the crowd in any significant way. I am not saying it's too cheap -perhaps the club are saying so?

Possibly because they had forgotten or were unaware that it was £18 including travel for the last Amex FA Cup game.

But agreed for most it’s a welcome surprise / good move by the club.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I was in the WSU for the Arsenal game. View was awesome, but I didn't like it. Slightly removed from the action and a constant backdrop of people moaning about this player or that player.

It was a bit like watching the game on telly with NSC providing the commentary.

Think I'll be back in the cheap seats next time

We saw Iron Maiden at the O2 in the upper seats and also commented at how it was like watching on TV - literally zero atmosphere up there except one fan that was in the zone!

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
But why 10am, its 9am on every other ticket release. Do the club not believe that fans, sorry customers aren't up before 10am on a Sunday, or is this to allow for the usual fix when at the release time you are only permitted to purchase 0 tickets for this event

Late night celebrations having crushed Liverpool 4-0 perhaps?! Kind of the club to give us the extra hour to recover!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
£15 inclusive of transport is fantastic, and the club should be commended on that, for sure.

..... but they won't be by some!

Does that include a cup of tea and a top up for my flask?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Because PB has to do something to allow even the most pedantic to pick up on?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Don' understand this piecemeal approach with the great price it will definitely be 25k+. I guess it give old bu*gers like me something to moan about.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Because the normal start time for Staff is 10 am on a Sunday, and 9am on every other day?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Because the normal start time for Staff is 10 am on a Sunday, and 9am on every other day?

My thoughts too - suggests this thing is manually "turned on" by someone rather than scheduled on a system.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I didn't wait last time for "upper" tickets, not sure I'll bother this time either - but looking forward to going, either way. Cup games tend to have more fun and less complain-filled crowds.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Possibly because they had forgotten or were unaware that it was £18 including travel for the last Amex FA Cup game.

But agreed for most it’s a welcome surprise / good move by the club.

Yes, that could well be the case. I too had forgotten that. It is ironic that the price for league one opposition was three pounds dearer than for a match against a top championship team. Anyway, good move, as you rightly say, though I still struggle to find the logic of the club setting a super price for the fans, and then not expecting all the stands to fill up. That might possibly happen, though I would think it highly unlikely. What still concerns me slightly, is that we are always told that the F A Cup is the grand old competition that we should all still respect (no problem with that, as such) but the club do seem to have devalued it somewhat in this instance.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Yes, that could well be the case. I too had forgotten that. It is ironic that the price for league one opposition was three pounds dearer than for a match against a top championship team. Anyway, good move, as you rightly say, though I still struggle to find the logic of the club setting a super price for the fans, and then not expecting all the stands to fill up. That might possibly happen, though I would think it highly unlikely. What still concerns me slightly, is that we are always told that the F A Cup is the grand old competition that we should all still respect (no problem with that, as such) but the club do seem to have devalued it somewhat in this instance.
Or they could be valuing it by ensuring it is filled to the rafters. Match of the day with a full house in full voice hopefully with a Brighton win. What's not to like.?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Or they could be valuing it by ensuring it is filled to the rafters. Match of the day with a full house in full voice hopefully with a Brighton win. What's not to like.?

Exactly and despite all, I am sure that this is what will eventually happen -just disappointing that a few folk will judge that it is best to get in quickly, though they would have preferred their own seat. Still, it is not a major problem, and if we get through, then all will be forgotten -until a similar situation next season!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here