Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton v WBA FA Cup 4th round Saturday January 26 (3pm)

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Because the 2 parties that run football in England will decide so. TV as they will possibly screen 1 game and the police especially The Met who will say they are pushed for men as some will attend Pompey. Because we are also at home they wont be able to borrow from Sussex.

So what about this weekend ?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Us v Liverpool Saturday
Tottenham v Man Utd moved to Sunday for TV
West Ham v Arsenal moved to Sat @12.30 for TV
Palace v Watford Sat 3.00pm low profile game
Portsmouth v Blackpool Sat 3.00pm very low profile game.

So no great Police presence needed anywhere.Saturday.

Amazing .... what a gormless reply.... far more high profile games this weekend than in the FA Cup.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
the When Will We Play lottery
Presuming the share out is as before and BT get first shout-

Friday Night
Arsenal v Manchester United

Saturday 12:30
AFC Wimbledon v West Ham

Saturday 3pm
Swansea v Gillingham
Shrewsbury or Stoke v Wolves
Bristol City v Bolton
Doncaster v Oldham
Newcastle or Blackburn v Watford
Portsmouth v QPR
Brighton v West Brom overseas TV

Saturday 5:30
Accrington v Derby or Southampton
OR
Barnet v Brentford

Sunday 12:00
Manchester City v Burnley

Sunday 2pm
Millwall v Everton
Middlesbrough v Newport

Sunday 4pm
Chelsea v Sheffield Wednesday or Luton

Monday night
Crystal Palace v Tottenham
Those in bold televised
Now, take a closer look. Only Man U and Saints have KO's that make journeys hard. This schedule is done with the fans at heart, not the money men.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
the When Will We Play lottery
Presuming the share out is as before and BT get first shout-

Friday Night
Arsenal v Manchester United

Saturday 12:30
AFC Wimbledon v West Ham

Saturday 3pm
Swansea v Gillingham
Shrewsbury or Stoke v Wolves
Bristol City v Bolton
Doncaster v Oldham
Newcastle or Blackburn v Watford
Portsmouth v QPR
Brighton v West Brom overseas TV

Saturday 5:30
Accrington v Derby or Southampton
OR
Barnet v Brentford

Sunday 12:00
Manchester City v Burnley

Sunday 2pm
Millwall v Everton
Middlesbrough v Newport

Sunday 4pm
Chelsea v Sheffield Wednesday or Luton

Monday night
Crystal Palace v Tottenham
Those in bold televised
Now, take a closer look. Only Man U and Saints have KO's that make journeys hard. This schedule is done with the fans at heart, not the money men.

But won't your Saturday 3pm games be moved for overseas TV Coverage as per the 3rd round, so many of these will be moved to 12.30

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
But won't your Saturday 3pm games be moved for overseas TV Coverage as per the 3rd round, so many of these will be moved to 12.30

Take a look at the games, which one will you want to watch as a fan bought up in China on the PL?
Newcastle (replay dependent) v Watford could go to 12:30
And there has to be something at 3pm to televise overseas.
Can you imagine the Asian market gambling on Doncaster v Oldham?

EDIT
Do BBC 5Live and TalkSport get any say in which games have to be played at 3pm for them to cover?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
£20 per ticket. Fiver for kids. Free travel. Market it around town like crazy, (billboards, radio ad's etc). Tell WBA they can have as many tickets as they want.

Yes, we'll lose money on the gate, but we'll get loads of people coming for the first time buying a ton of merch and some of those will want to come back

For Coventry in mid Feb last season it was £18 for adults, £6 for kids. Free travel. Coventry had full allocation and it was nearly full. (27K).
Assuming its Saturday 3pm (might well not be) and with caveat that West Brom might not have as many coming as Cov (doubt they'll sell out) then wouldn't be surprised with a repeat/and a similar approach to pricing/travel/sales.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Never going to be these prices, we'd make a loss - I paid £7.00 to watch County League football this weekend.

To get a decent crowd, P&R / Trains have to be included, plus VAT comes off the ticket price.

It is of course a really good chance to reduce ticket prices, and get some people who perhaps don't get the chance to come along, especially with kids.

I believe Coventry was £18.00, but no transport included.

I'd go for £22.00 for adults to include transport.

We can make a loss - will be a drop in the ocean with our prem finances and guarantee a big crowd. I don’t think they will, but it’s just an opinion that would be a good price. Have done it before for this sort of price - few years ago but Villa away in round 4 (I think) was £10 all round.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011

Correct, as was the case in the 3rd Round when only 5 games had a Sat 3:00 kick off.
International agreement allows them to move more than 1 game as was the case with our game at Bmuff.
The same happened on Sunday.

The cost of this game will have to be creative when the Kick off's are announced.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Correct, as was the case in the 3rd Round when only 5 games had a Sat 3:00 kick off.
International agreement allows them to move more than 1 game as was the case with our game at Bmuff.
The same happened on Sunday.

The cost of this game will have to be creative when the Kick off's are announced.

That's how I understood it to be. Overseas tv games primarily the 12.30 games

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Amazing .... what a gormless reply.... far more high profile games this weekend than in the FA Cup.

I think that you are the one being gormless as the 2 high profile games have been switched to 1230 Saturday and .4 pm Sunday The rest are not games to expect trouble or serious crowd control. Ours certainly wont be nor I doubt Portsmouth v Blackpool or Palace v Watford.

QUESTION: i havent ever been to the Amex as a fan only on business. Can i as a home supporter just buy a ticket for this match or do i need to be a member of supporters club or something if i want to go and if so whats the process..thanks

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
QUESTION: i havent ever been to the Amex as a fan only on business. Can i as a home supporter just buy a ticket for this match or do i need to be a member of supporters club or something if i want to go and if so whats the process..thanks

You’ll need a fan number. Easy enough to sign up and get one.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I think that you are the one being gormless as the 2 high profile games have been switched to 1230 Saturday and .4 pm Sunday The rest are not games to expect trouble or serious crowd control. Ours certainly wont be nor I doubt Portsmouth v Blackpool or Palace v Watford.

I completely agree that there is little chance of crowd trouble at those 3pm games.

However there is also little chance of crowd trouble at our game with West Brom, so I fail to see the difference between this weekend and the FA cup weekend.

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's about time that the FA announce any fixture date changes.

They need to *pull their fingers out* and *just get on with it*.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Naylor reckons it will be 12.30 or 3pm on Saturday 26th.

But I think we all guessed that anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here