Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Joshua v Parker

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Tyson never won an Olympic Gold as didn't alot of top fighters.
A world title in his 16th fight?And? When there are 4/5 titles to win in an era of very average fighters that's not so difficult is it.
Forget AJ is English.Forget your bias.Try to look at him from a neutral point of view.

What are you going on about neutral point of view. The whole world of boxing is excited by him and even your hero Mike Tyson.

https://www.youtube.com/?hl=en-GB&gl=GB

I_am_marmalade

Jun 6, 2014
I'm not a gambler, so excuse my ignorance, but why are the odds 100/30 and not 10/3? I have never understood this - anyone know?

I believe it is because 10/3 could be misunderstood as the time 2:50 (Ten to three), which could be the start time of a race. So to remove any possible confusion, 100/30 is used

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I see the first fight on the card is a 'live float'.

Anyone know what that is? I've googled but to no avail.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
I see the first fight on the card is a 'live float'.

Anyone know what that is? I've googled but to no avail.

As there is no way of knowing in advance if undercard fights are short or long, they sometimes have a float fight that can be moved around to fill in any gaps or if the undercard fights are long that they can move to after the main event so as the main event isn't delayed. Its a way of keeping the TV schedule full with fights without too many long breaks. I think this might be what they are referring to.

Renegade1

Mar 7, 2018
What are you going on about neutral point of view. The whole world of boxing is excited by him and even your hero Mike Tyson.

https://www.youtube.com/?hl=en-GB&gl=GB

I saw Mike Tyson rightly describe AJ as doing very well against K despite being 41 and rightly describe him as being the man at the moment.And?
Didn't see anything about the whole world excited by him but am sure you will spend time looking for some videos to post followed
by Stonepark Park with his usual tripe.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I saw Mike Tyson rightly describe AJ as doing very well against K despite being 41 and rightly describe him as being the man at the moment.And?
Didn't see anything about the whole world excited by him but am sure you will spend time looking for some videos to post followed

If Joshua put Parker in hospital (god forbid), would your blinkered disdain for Joshua disappear?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
When I get home from The Amex I am going to look for a stream for this fight so if anybody finds a good one could they please PM me with a link. Many thanks. Should that fail while wife is watching The Voice I will have to buy both a Now TV pass and PPV this would also copver the 2 Premier games tomorrow but I would rather watch a stream if it is decent. With all streams I tend to look for ones that are being shown in the USA as they tend to be quite good.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton

Actually your right Anthony Joshua and all the current heavyweights are complete turd and we would be much better off tonight watching X-factor with the missus.

Can you leave us alone now please?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Actually your right Anthony Joshua and all the current heavyweights are complete turd and we would be much better off tonight watching X-factor with the missus.

Unable to enjoy boxing for the 28 years post Mike Tyson, by taking out that miserable frustration out on a positive NSC chat.

Renegade1

Mar 7, 2018
If Joshua put Parker in hospital (god forbid), would your blinkered disdain for Joshua disappear?

If Parker beat AJ would your blinkered adulation cease?

I apologise to you and all the other AJ fans who won't hear a bad word said against him however
whilst you lot big him up it's important to see another side even if it's one you don't want to hear.

Renegade1

Mar 7, 2018

X-factor ain't on bruv.Seems you know about as much about tv as you do about boxing:laugh:

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
AJ may well prove to be better than Lennox Lewis. Lewis didn’t look amazing in every night and got careless a couple of times. People have rose tinted glasses.

As for this fight - here’s my prediction . Parker will come out and have a real go. He will trouble Joshua a bit but ultimately won’t really hurt him. Then Joshua will gradually bash him up. Parker is no doubt a warrior and tough so he won’t give up. But his corner will throw the towel in around round eight so he doesn’t take too much punishment. The watching public will think the towel has come in too soon and they will be right but Parker’s corner won’t want their cash cow to get broken ahead of the inevitable rematch

Lennox Lewis is a top 3 of all time in Heavyweight, his resume is top notch in what was a great era, AJ would have to go someway to be better than Lennox Lewis

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here