Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Rail STRIKE details

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Been told talks that acas arranged between gtr and rmt have broken down. Rmt prepared to compromise by doing mainline doo but not the east and west coast ( which are not ready) gtr will not budge their way or no way.

Shameful quote from Govia after the talks - they were never bothered just going through the motions

“We know that many passengers are experiencing a poor service at the moment, that’s why we need to bring in these changes as quickly as possible.”

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Protest at Brighton Station not covered was it? Clare Perry interviewed who described the Union's "work to rule" as the major issue facing poor old Southern, who were doing their best. I kid you not.

The clip I saw was absolutely shameful. Basically giving all the government's backing to a private company and accusing staff and unions of causing all the issues. If anyone is under any illusion that this is not government led then this can put an end to that. Makes my blood boil. Again, I would stress I'm not militant or anti tory but for her to claim this is all solely down to the workers and Southern are doing their best is beyond despicable.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Oh well WFH Tuesday as per the norm then

Stat Man

Tickle my fancy, fat man
Mar 3, 2009
Brighton
When leaving the protest, they somehow managed to park another train in front of us just as we were about to depart, making everyone have to change trains. Surely something that basic is avoidable. :dunce:

Tried to upload protest pic on my phone, but it's not working. :dunce: :dunce:

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
The clip I saw was absolutely shameful. Basically giving all the government's backing to a private company and accusing staff and unions of causing all the issues. If anyone is under any illusion that this is not government led then this can put an end to that. Makes my blood boil. Again, I would stress I'm not militant or anti tory but for her to claim this is all solely down to the workers and Southern are doing their best is beyond despicable.

Yes, that's the one I saw. Maybe ITV will cover in a more balanced way.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Her and Crowther doing their best to wreck the rail industry in this area and when finally they are sacked they just move onto another platinum pension job with no thought to what mess they have left behind

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Her and Crowther doing their best to wreck the rail industry in this area and when finally they are sacked they just move onto another platinum pension job with no thought to what mess they have left behind

Yep. She said something along the lines of 'these changes will benefit passengers'. Tell that to the disabled passengers who won't be able to turn up and get on a train any more not to mention some old lady attacked on a train with no one to help her etc etc etc. Disgusting.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Yep. She said something along the lines of 'these changes will benefit passengers'. Tell that to the disabled passengers who won't be able to turn up and get on a train any more not to mention some old lady attacked on a train with no one to help her etc etc etc. Disgusting.

The proposed changes in stations and train manning benefit nobody but the people at the top who will get more bonus's. I'm surprised that some of the managers are supporting them as don't they realise no guards, no tickets offices etc = no managers to manage them

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Thank you southern ***** for spoiling my wife and daughters trip to ascot today by having no trains back to east sussex from london. Hope the poor sick soles sitting watching the footie while supping their beers choke on it. Now off for a nice 60 mile round trip to Brighton to pick them up.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Thank you southern ***** for spoiling my wife and daughters trip to ascot today by having no trains back to east sussex from london. Hope the poor sick soles sitting watching the footie while supping their beers choke on it. Now off for a nice 60 mile round trip to Brighton to pick them up.

Who are the sick soles you are talking about?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Protest at Brighton Station not covered was it? Clare Perry interviewed who described the Union's "work to rule" as the major issue facing poor old Southern, who were doing their best. I kid you not.

There were 2 film crews there...one cameraman trod on my foot...he wasn't Russian so no broken toes...some interesting chants for the benefit of the cameras...amidst announcements of trains being cancelled.

albionite

May 20, 2009
On the bottom of his feet ?

I found how they are going to run a good service starting on the 30th of June. They will run an emergency time table.

Will be a lot less trains running but should let passengers at least know where they are instead of the shambles they are running now.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
So anyone at the protest tonight then? What happened? Thought it a bit odd to hold it at 6.30 though - a time when the majority of London commuters would not have made it back to Brighton?

I was hoping something might still have been going on when I was scheduled to get to Brighton at 7.12, but of course, I mistakenly thought that the 6 o'clock GE from Victoria would be running, not cancelled again.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I found how they are going to run a good service starting on the 30th of June. They will run an emergency time table.

Will be a lot less trains running but should let passengers at least know where they are instead of the shambles they are running now.

And no chance of coughing up delay repay and will give them even more trains to cancel without penalty

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here