Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Maenpaa Signs New One-Year Contract With The Albion

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Another good point is, if he had left us, we would have to take out resources on replacing him, now its done along with Sidwell, we can focus more on the new signings

Yes indeed, taking care of the quick decisions early. I'm sure the striker hunt will be a tedious and drawn out affair, so it's nice to not hang about with the no-brainer decisions.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Where it was reported by the Bury fans and local media that he struggled... Not quite sure what you're trying to say with your second point.

You said you'd be shocked if he was picked up up by a Champ club and would struggle at a L1 club . I'm suggesting this might be presumptuous, even unfair on basis that he's so far played a mere 4 games at L1 level so difficult to judge and he was then only 19.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
You said you'd be shocked if he was picked up up by a Champ club and would struggle at a L1 club . I'm suggesting this might be presumptuous, even unfair on basis that he's so far played a mere 4 games at L1 level so difficult to judge and he was then only 19.

I never said he would struggle at a L1 club, just that he did last season in his appearances. As I said in my original post, a full season for a decent L2 club would be ideal for his development.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I never said he would struggle at a L1 club, just that he did last season in his appearances. As I said in my original post, a full season for a decent L2 club would be ideal for his development.

Understood.
Lets hope he at least gets a long loan period this season in L1 or L2. Only 8 games last season was unlucky given his potential, and England experience etc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here