Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyypia - "You don't know what you're doing"?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Frankly embarrassing. The guy had had nearly all his best players sold with no adequate replacements, and was managing only his second league game. Anyone singing that today is an utter ****. Give him a chance FFS.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Presumably you were one of those who chanted?

No I wasn't .

My point is Hyppia should be doing all he can to get everybody at club motivated and this includes the fans.

Have the decency to acknowledge the many that made the journey only to endure that rubbish for 90mins.

No passion, no motivation and already has some supporters backs up.

Last edited:

Smile

Aug 19, 2011
Do not blame Sami,
Is it really he´s fault he has no assistant? Is it he's fault our best players have left? Is it he's fault we have not recruited who is required to play he's system?

Looks like he made one call and got one part of the jigsaw, I personally feel he has been let down by others... We wanted a change from boring Brighton and I feel he will do that but he needs support to get to that next stage.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Two games in, a team/squad much weaker than last year. Hopefully the 4 players we need will be added before the end of the transfer window, give them a few weeks to settle in and.........then judge.

Do you really see the quality we need coming in the way we've been operating in the transfer market?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Ulloa, Buckley, Bridcutt, Upson, Ward, Orlandi, Andrews, Lopez,. Noone, Bennett Kusack, Hoskins, Vicente
IMHO you should never sell or release your players until you have definite replacements ready to sign straight away, or unless you have equally good players to replace them at the club already.
If those players above along with others here last season Greer, Ince, CMS, Stephens, Bruno, March, Calderon, Lua Lua, were still here then would be playing our first ever league match in the Premier League today no doubt in my mind about that.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Frankly embarrassing. The guy had had nearly all his best players sold with no adequate replacements, and was managing only his second league game. Anyone singing that today is an utter ****. Give him a chance FFS.

Well said. It deserves a double posting. Oh...:thumbsup:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Guarantee all those clubs promoted from the championship in the last three seasons plus didn't play some wing back narrow through the middle bollocks.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I would never join in a chant like that , like I never boo my team unlike a lot of people in the North Stand seem too.
I still support the team and the manager as they are our team and manager doesn't mean I think he or all of those are the right people to lead us on.
But booing and chanting that is dreadful yes !

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No I wasn't .

My point is Hyppia should be doing all he can to get everybody at club motivated and this include the fans.

Have the decency to acknowledge the many that made the journey only to ensure that rubbish for 90mins.

No passion, no motivation and already has a supporters backs up.

So you sympathise with the chant because he doesn't wave at the end?

The three times the fans chanted his name during the game he waved.

Sorry but whatever way you dress it up, I think that anyone who got on his back, is not much of a fan, especially given what he has to work with, and even more so because It was right to take off CMS.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
I don't think he's a manager that sucks up to supporters.

He seems pretty reserved, even in his interviews. Maybe it's the Finnish way :shrug:

The sad thing is I could almost accept it and feel some sympathy for the guy if he was showing some passion, kicking every ball, willing the players on and at the very least acknowledging the fans, but I just get the distinct impression he really doesn't want to be here.

PS - he was 100% right to take CMS off today, I still question the formation and obvious lack of width we showed today.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Sure, let's take it out on him instead of the blessed St Tony and his underlings. Makes perfect sense.

Get a grip mate...I'm not happy about the team right now, but can you really not remember playing in front of 7,000 at Withdean or 3,000 at Gillingham? Without "blessed Tony" that's probably where we would still be at

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
The sad thing is I could almost accept it and feel some sympathy for the guy if he was showing some passion, kicking every ball, willing the players on and at the very least acknowledging the fans, but I just get the distinct impression he really doesn't want to be here.

PS - he was 100% right to take CMS off today, I still question the formation and obvious lack of width we showed today.

...it's been discussed MANY times - it's not the finnish way to be that outgoing. He's not Poyet. He never will be.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
...it's been discussed MANY times - it's not the finnish way to be that outgoing. He's not Poyet. He never will be.

Sorry I don't buy that....

Liverpool supporters will tell you he was one of the most passionate defenders to have ever represented the club and he built a huge rapport with the supporters.

We are losing sight of the fact that tactically we got it wrong today, offered no width and learnt no lessons from Saturdays performance.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Sammi by his own admission said at the forum, he knew little or nothing about dealing in the transfer market. Personally I find it inconceivable that any chairman would appoint a manger with no experience in this field. But there we go, it is what it is. What that means is that David Burke is the sole person responsible for player recruitment. We released six players at the end of the season and a further three loans went back, add to that the sale of Ulloa and Buckley and Barnes/Bridcutt and El Abd before them and the squad reported back for pre season, at least 6 players short and that's with the addition of Toko. Hughes/Stockdale and O'Grady all came later.....This is shocking miss management on Burke's part and he is the main reason we are in the situation we are in. He should be sacked with immediate effect, while we still have two weeks left to deal in, it's obvious he is crap at his job.....As for Sammi, he needs an Asst and he needs one now. Most managers come into a job and insist on bringing their own backroom staff with them...The appointment of Sammi is starting to look like a knee jerk appointment, maybe after being refused by more high profile names, for reasons that maybe we are seeing now...Sammi has an impossible job atm and unless we get at least 4/5 quality additions in, I can't see him making Xmas....The defence isn't to bad, even without Ward. But our forward line is shocking and there is very little behind them either. This lad from Liverpool could be the bees knees, but he needs a couple of experienced heads in there with him, looking out for him so he can do his stuff, not two kids of his own age.

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
To be fair to the guy he's not had a lot to work with has he? The guts of the team have been ripped out with any talent we had disappearing fast, he's had woeful signings coming in, he's trying to teach a new way of playing with players who just are not up to it, he loses a key player for three games in the first match, and one of our more creative players (Stephens is still out), one of our most promising wingers is out (March), his number two got nicked at the last minute and he has to put up with Nathan Jones next to him on the bench!

I think we can only decide once he has had at least half a season with his players. I really feel the club have let him down at the moment.

This. You can't polish a t#rd and that, sadly, is what the close season and first 3 games have got us to.

The bottom line is we are desperately short of quality. Even if we get what we NEED (not want) to be "competitive" as TB said, the club have risked the first 2 months of the season getting them in, bedding them in & for Hyppia to instil his style. Makes the rest of the season tough.

IMHO it's all about effective transition management by the club. But they surely can't expect to appoint a new manager relatively late in the close season, release & sell a significant numbrr of key players, fail to replace effectively and not see a drop in performance on the pitch & growing concern in their fan base?

I wouldn't jump on Hyppia's back yet. The difficult questions need to be directed to the Board now.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Do not blame Sami,
Is it really he´s fault he has no assistant? Is it he's fault our best players have left? Is it he's fault we have not recruited who is required to play he's system?

Looks like he made one call and got one part of the jigsaw, I personally feel he has been let down by others... We wanted a change from boring Brighton and I feel he will do that but he needs support to get to that next stage.

Yes (he has jones anyway who was good enough for Oscar), no and if the players are not right change the system
Don't agree he should be told he don't know what he is doing after 2 games but he must take some of the blame because if the system isn't working change to one that the players know.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Sorry I don't buy that....

Liverpool supporters will tell you he was one of the most passionate defenders to have ever represented the club and he built a huge rapport with the supporters.

We are losing sight of the fact that tactically we got it wrong today, offered no width and learnt no lessons from Saturdays performance.

Well that's your prerogative. I'm happy to believe it from the Finnish posters and the people that have spent time with them, to know what they're on about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here