Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do the North Stand sing TWO different SONGS at the same time ?

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Maybe the Northstand could turn up on time....Every game I see the North maybe only a 3rd full with 10mins to go until KO.
Is it the fans zone you don't like ?. It's put on by the club to try and get an atmosphere going, but if no-one joins in it's wasted.
Atmosphere's aren't just created during the game, they need to be built up before AND during, but I guess you can squeeze another pint in, in those 10minutes.

Totally agree, if you look at our cousins up the road, they are organised and in position long before kick off, whereas it seems more important to many of our lot to stand around in the concrete bowels of the stadium until the game has almost started, and sometimes after it has. What is so appealing about standing around in a draughty, dimly lit, overcrowded concrete channel drinking shit beer (sorry, but it is) when you could be upstairs drinking in the Amex experience and running through some vocal warm ups?
:wink:

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Maybe a start would be no one under 16 in the North, that may help. It would move out some people to make room for some singers.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
I've said it before and I will undoubtedly say it again but nothing will improve until you move the home and away fans next to each other, stick the away fans down part of the east stand and the atmosphere would be completely transformed almost instantly.

If the club refuse to move the away support why don't those that claim to be the atmosphere move down to the southwest next to the away support. You could even be able to tell the club the numbers needed if your so regular and such a tight bunch. Simples. Sorted. Why not?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
If the club refuse to move the away support why don't those that claim to be the atmosphere move down to the southwest next to the away support. You could even be able to tell the club the numbers needed if your so regular and such a tight bunch. Simples. Sorted. Why not?
This. There are a few fairly obvious things that can be done to improve the Amex atmosphere. The creation of an "Ultras" section for the PBC in the SWC is currently the priority. Then they can get on with their self-absorbed nonsense without ruining the North Stand.

After that, the next most important thing is to persuade a good number of the people who originally took the back 4 rows of the North that they will be better off moving into a "block" which will enjoy equally relaxed stewarding.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

Yep, this.

The PBC are the issue in the North Stand. Singing complicated and obscure songs will not encourage others to join in, so where they're positioned in the NS makes no odds.

Generally, the good thing about the london away games was that mostly 'classic' chants were sung, which most people know and joined in with.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
P
This. There are a few fairly obvious things that can be done to improve the Amex atmosphere. The creation of an "Ultras" section for the PBC in the SWC is currently the priority. Then they can get on with their self-absorbed nonsense without ruining the North Stand.

After that, the next most important thing is to persuade a good number of the people who originally took the back 4 rows of the North that they will be better off moving into a "block" which will enjoy equally relaxed stewarding.

I'd go one step further. I'd limit the away end to 2000 and move them round so they actually use the SE corner that so often is never used. The away section would then end somewhere close to the goal, leaving, after segregation, a much larger home end in South & SW. Notts Forest have done this & it does work.

The club would no doubt baulk at losing the extra revenue from a handful of games where the away team want more tickets, anyone at Forest in May when we were limited to 2k but there were 000's of empty seats may concur. But IMO it's more important that home supporters enjoy their day than losing £25-30k 4 or 5 times a year.

Also, we don't currently have a suitable area for the so-called 'day trippers'. The cheapest seats are in North or South, but if your a casual fan looking for a cheap ticket do you really want to be sat next to the away fans, No. So you buy a seat in North instead. With a little bit of imagination it really wouldn't be difficult to create a proper home end next to the away end. Let's not forget, in the good old days at The Goldstone, the North Stand was next to the away fans. If people are precious about being in the 'North' then why not go the whole hog and rename all the stands!

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
P

I'd go one step further. I'd limit the away end to 2000 and move them round so they actually use the SE corner that so often is never used. The away section would then end somewhere close to the goal, leaving, after segregation, a much larger home end in South & SW. Notts Forest have done this & it does work.

I have never understood why we would give away fans a chance to influence penalty or even corner decisions. Get them in a corner and let's get home fans behind both goals. The club have thought too much about the away support experience. It senseless to me. It's a results business isn't it?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Maybe the Northstand could turn up on time....Every game I see the North maybe only a 3rd full with 10mins to go until KO.
Is it the fans zone you don't like ?. It's put on by the club to try and get an atmosphere going, but if no-one joins in it's wasted.
Atmosphere's aren't just created during the game, they need to be built up before AND during, but I guess you can squeeze another pint in, in those 10minutes.

Because I'm not 10 years old. DUH. :facepalm:

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
The north stand doesn't sell out, so no need to limit any group.

It's not about limiting, it's about the singing and the language used. I have noticed quite a few under 10s in the midst of choice language and feel that younger children would be best suited to the family stand. It's a question of do we want singers or young children in the north.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's not about limiting, it's about the singing and the language used. I have noticed quite a few under 10s in the midst of choice language and feel that younger children would be best suited to the family stand. It's a question of do we want singers or young children in the north.

You mentioned under 16s. I've seen 12 year olds singing their hearts out in the north stand. Don't generalise.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
My God this subject is getting tedious and old! It has nothing to do with fans with their own agenda and songs! It is very difficult to always hear what is going on in the middle of the north. We do try to sing with the rest but by the time it filters over someone else has started another song. One day maybe when we are all situated in the middle it will get sorted but until then that's what it's going to be like. And Terry Butcher you're a real stand up Albion fan calling other Albion fans *****, nice one! Think the north could do with few less little chumps and more enthusiastic fans then the north would be rocking!
Yet other clubs can get a whole stand singing....

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I was replying back to steve about moving central

Take a step back and it wud be boring...how about u join in..

Go left , go right , go pick up the step , go left , go right , go left.

Having stood under the police box I don't buy into the they can't hear the rest of the stand. It is however completely apparent that other parts of the north sing a song for a pitifully short period of time making it difficult for the rest of the stand to join in. Repetition in stadia is crucial I suggest all chants last a minimum of a couple of minutes. Only then if you can keep a chant going that long (at least) is anyone in any position to claim they are trying to create an atmosphere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here