Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Creative midfielder

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Just an idea, couldn't Solly March drop into central midfield, may be able to see a pass from that position :shrug:

Absolutely not ! He’s afraid to make a tackle - we’d be a complete pushover in the middle of the park. I can’t believe he’s still making the starting lineup every week.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
There are 'bargains' to be had. Look at Gross. We won't break the bank or our wage structure but we will get someone in if the price is right. TB, CH, PW etc.. will be looking to fill that hole. They can see we have lost our forward drive with Gross out and will be looking to resolve that. In TB and CH we trust.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Mooy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Brian Horton was probably our best. If only we could find such a player again now or even another Jimmy Case.

Neil McNab would fit into CHs style, neat tidy rarely gives the ball away with the added bonus of always back or sideways as a first thought

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
What about Nick Powell at Wigan? We were in for him in the Summer, as he's contract is running down, maybe a cheeky bid in Jan? He would be a good addition for no 10 role?

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
In the meantime, why is there a closed door policy on the U23s?

What are people's thoughts about Dreyer's performances? Isn't he a number 10 style player?

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
As mentioned we have Groß for that. Look at the heatmaps for where our central midfielders occupy and it will tell you their job within our setup is to add solidity not creativity. Our central midfielders operate how the 2 holding midfielders would within a 4231. To my untrained eye it is one of the reasons why we struggle to create chances, without knowing I'd love to know how many goal contributions our central midfielders have had over the last season and a bit.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
What about Nick Powell at Wigan? We were in for him in the Summer, as he's contract is running down, maybe a cheeky bid in Jan? He would be a good addition for no 10 role?

He's someone that whenever I see him play (rarely, admittedly) always seems to pull the strings and make a real impact. I often wonder what he's still doing at Wigan and I suspect a few lower half Prem clubs might be looking at him

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Normally Grob in that role. Without him don’t have anyone who is composed on the ball when we go forward. Propper would have been an ideal option. Bissouma isn’t the answer he’s much more affective driving from deep and did that well once on today but isn’t the man to split defences with his passing. A 2nd option at 10 wouldn’t be a bad idea.
There is a difference in quality between us and Everton and you can see they have spend £150 odd million on the front 4/5 players.
We can only build slowly and add quality year on year. Stay up this year and we will spend bigger money on better quality player I’m sure

Exactly Rome wasn’t built in a day, the goal is to stay up and invest each year. This is only our second year in the league let’s not get ahead of ourselves!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
In the meantime, why is there a closed door policy on the U23s?

It does seem like that sometimes, doesn't it.

We are often told on here that they are two or three years away from making the grade; there again, we have been told on here (probably by the same people?) at one time or another that most of our first team are League 1 (or maybe Championship) at best -until they actually played in the PL and did alright.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Propper plays in a more forward role for the Dutch. Kayal also better offensively and better as the forward midfielder in a 5 midfield. Then we have Gross too.

For me we need more of a defensive / old school midfielder like Stephens to win the ball and tighten up the middle of the park. Propper has adapted his game brilliantly for that, but if he and Stephens are out, as we've found Kayal just doesn't have as disciplined a mindset.

Saturday, had we a more combative midfielder to come in, Kayal could have played as the forward midfielder / no10 in a 5 man midfield, and March could have either gone wide or bench.

So ball winning / defensive / disciplined midfielder for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here