Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Germans Attack Anyone That Doesn’t Look German!

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Definitely not the case all over Germany. Sadly, the poorer areas of East Germany seem to have a right wing movement, which has caused a lot of these kind of issues. But just like Romford doesnt represent the majority of the UKs views on immigration, neither do places like Chemnitz represent the majority of Germany views on immigration.

Or a far left movement.

Racism and xenophobia is not limited to just the "right wing".

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Some people need no excuse. Some people provide an excuse through their incompetence/failure to understand human nature/failure to recognise some people are less well off than she/have problems which she doesn't even think worthy of consideration.

Cough....Merkel....cough.

Oh, and by the way, without Thatcher there wouldn't have been any poll tax rioters. Politicians' actions have consequences, whether you like them or not.

Sorry but I can't blame Merkel for German neo-Nazis attacking people who have skin pigment. No more would I blame Thatcher for the skin head who hit me (from behind) in 1980 (and then ran away) (although I would blame 'sweetie' Webster and Tyndall who actively encouraged neo nazi-ism).

Perspective!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Title should read, German neo-nazis attack anybody that doesnt look German. These people are as representative of Germany as the EDL and other far-right groups are representative of the UK.

...but the far-right, and their supporters, mostly armchair, would like people to think they are legion. They are usually heavily outnumbered at demonstrations. Everywhere.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You should be.

So it did happen then. Futile trying to deny it. Not pleasant,, not what any of us want, but a direct result of Merkel totally misjudging the situation.

Germany have always had racist neo nazis. They used to attack Turks back in the 80s. Merkel was an idiot for her open door cock up recently, but you can't *blame* her for the thuggery. I see elsewhere you do blame Thatcher for the poll tax riots. Who do you blame for football hooliganism in the 80s? People like an acquaintance of mine at Chelsea (a story that I won't go into now) did not do what he did as a protest against Thatcher. He did it because he enjoyed it. I'm sorry to tell you that people do unaccetable things because they decide to do so and have it in themselve to do so. It is their fault. Incidentally the bloke who threw a large rock from a building during a civil distrurbance a few yars ago in London was a middle class student, not some poor oppressed indiginous disenfranchised wretch. A little shit in other words. A little shit like most of the 'poll tax rioters' and racist thugs in Germany. Stop defending them by giving them a 'justification'. Politicians make mistakes - that doesn't justify attacking people.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Or alternatively the the title should read Germans attack anyone who looks like a Middle Eastern Refugee?

Maybe.

The title is based on a verbatim quote from a witness in the press report though, in fairness to the thread starter.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Politicians make mistakes - that doesn't justify attacking people.

I never said it did. Politicians make mistakes, which often create the situations in which violence occurs; cause and effect. If Thatcher hadn't introduced the poll tax, there wouldn't have been poll tax riots. Merkel's mistake created the conditions that resulted in the problems flaring up again in Germany.
Yes, individuals are responsible for their own actions. Politicians who get it wrong share the blame (you can argue the toss about what percentage of it if you like, but it doesn't change the fact).

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Or a far left movement.

Racism and xenophobia is not limited to just the "right wing".

Indeed, they do meet in the middle.. But over here they are referred to as far right, and I think they identify themselves as right..

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
I've spent a while considering your post. I think you are right, it is always the poorest areas of countries that are saddled with the economic migrant influx.

That is not what I was saying.. My local town (one of the more affluent areas in Germany) also has had its fair share of immigrants from war-torn regions over the last few years, but I have not seen any issues like Chemnitz in the area. The issues relating to resisting the "migrant influx" seem more common in the the poorer areas of East Germany.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Racist thugs attacking brown skinned people is not Merkel's fault, anymore than it's the victim's fault. The fault lies squarely with the Right wing thugs who dealt out the violence. Or are some suggesting that if there were no foreigners in their country these neo-Nazi dunderheads would be sat in their bedroom playing nicely and not being thoroughly unpleasant in a different way? Wrong is wrong. Don't excuse it.

And may I say, it is ludicrous to compare the beating of "non german looking people" to the poll tax riots. The riots were a direct reaction to an unfair, unjust, extra tax being imposed on people, many of whom could barely afford to live as it was. That was a direct result of Thatcher's tyranny.
The former is a bunch of thugs looking for a fight and feeling justified because people are saying "All this violence is Merkel's fault".

Last edited:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I never said it did. Politicians make mistakes, which often create the situations in which violence occurs; cause and effect. If Thatcher hadn't introduced the poll tax, there wouldn't have been poll tax riots. Merkel's mistake created the conditions that resulted in the problems flaring up again in Germany.
Yes, individuals are responsible for their own actions. Politicians who get it wrong share the blame (you can argue the toss about what percentage of it if you like, but it doesn't change the fact).

The Voice of reason. Don't let foreigners in and they won't get any trouble. Simple.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Germany have always had racist neo nazis. They used to attack Turks back in the 80s. Merkel was an idiot for her open door cock up recently, but you can't *blame* her for the thuggery. I see elsewhere you do blame Thatcher for the poll tax riots. Who do you blame for football hooliganism in the 80s? People like an acquaintance of mine at Chelsea (a story that I won't go into now) did not do what he did as a protest against Thatcher. He did it because he enjoyed it. I'm sorry to tell you that people do unaccetable things because they decide to do so and have it in themselve to do so. It is their fault. Incidentally the bloke who threw a large rock from a building during a civil distrurbance a few yars ago in London was a middle class student, not some poor oppressed indiginous disenfranchised wretch. A little shit in other words. A little shit like most of the 'poll tax rioters' and racist thugs in Germany. Stop defending them by giving them a 'justification'. Politicians make mistakes - that doesn't justify attacking people.

Spike Milligan said “civilisation is only skin deep”. Many (mainly) males, are only a punch away from really hurting someone in road rage, football hooliganism, attacking an immigrant or conversely attacking a white ‘incumbent’ in a row.

I suspect that CCTV and the consequences of getting caught for anyone with a modicum of intelligence, helps contain violence in a massive way.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Attachments

• 1BD7E2A9-04F6-449D-992C-227BE5AB4F70.jpeg
    1BD7E2A9-04F6-449D-992C-227BE5AB4F70.jpeg
    67.5 KB · Views: 218

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
Germans on the whole are welcoming but the speed of such a huge influx of war-torn people mainly men of fighting age was always going to cause problems.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Shared blame, OK. Weighting the blame however.....I recall how husbands used to 'get off lightly' if they hit their wife (or worse) for infidelity. Or in the 60s, for 'backchat'. It isn't really justification, even though it is attributed as such by the person concerned....anyhow, moving on....:thumbsup:

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here